Learn from outstanding faculty, visiting scholars teachers who are recognized experts in their fields. Tyndale Spring & Summer courses will be offered as scheduled, delivered in either Livestream, Online or Hybrid (Online/Livestream) formats. Registration is open.
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of Islington Evangel Centre
- Salvation: The testimony of having experienced the new birth (John 3:5).
- Baptism in the Holy Spirit: Testimony of having received the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the initial physical evidence of speaking in other tongues according to Acts 2:4.
- Divine call: Evidence of a divine call to ministry by a personal conviction and confirmation by the Work of the Spirit and the testimony of fellow ministers.
- Preaching style: Must have a Biblically sound and versatile preaching style that is application-focused and relates to today.
- Heart for the lost: Must have a passion for missions, locally and globally, evangelism and discipleship.
- The Word of God: Must preach the whole Bible.
- Discipleship: Must be a developer of others.
A minimum of a bachelor level education at a theological institution recognized by IEC.
- A minimum of five years on staff as a Senior Pastor at a mid to large sized church.
- Must have experience working in a multicultural setting.
- Experience working with youth and bringing younger families into a congregation, an asset.
- Must be a democratic leader with good listening skills and an open-door policy.
- Must be an inspiring and prophetic communicator.
- Must maintain a blameless Christian life and a good report from those in the community (Titus 1:7, 1Timothy 3:7).
- Must be prayerful, humble, self-motivated, hardworking, collaborative and trustworthy.
Islington Evangel Centre (IEC) is seeking a seasoned and visionary Bible teacher and preacher to lead their congregation as Senior Pastor.
IEC is a non-denominational and multicultural church of about 300 members located in Toronto, ON. It desires to be a growing, multi-generational church. IEC is looking for a Senior Pastor who has a passion for Jesus and is committed to sound Bible teaching and preaching.
As Senior Pastor of IEC, you will have a deep passion for reaching the lost and marginalized people of the world. You are also gifted in motivating and moving congregants to action. Among other things, you will continue to cultivate a culture and lifestyle of prayer within the church body; discerning God’s direction for the church together with the congregation. You will teach others how to disciple well, and in the process, develop and raise up new leaders, cast vision and stir up commitment to advancing the Great Commission.
If you are a prayerful leader who is gifted in preaching and discipleship with a Pentecostal or non-denominational background, we would love to connect with you!
In 1952, eight families living in Islington founded Islington Evangel Centre (IEC). Meetings were held in rental space above Edwards Hardware, then the Canadian Legion, then in Wedgewood School. Ernie Zilch was the first pastor.
In 1953, land was purchased at the corner of Wedgewood and Burnhamthorpe. Following Pastor Zilch’s eight years of ministry, Pastors David Bowen, Len Evans, Ed Corley and David Edwards all led the church until 1974. At that time, Reverend David Sture became the Senior Pastor and served for ten years. Then David Macfarlane in 1984 assumed the leadership of the church. Steady growth brought about a move to Martin Grove and Albion in 1985. In 1994, Pastor Wayne McNeilly was appointed as Senior Pastor, and through the Lord’s blessing the church relocated to its present campus on Queens Plate Drive. Numerous staff served with excellence and diligence, and enlarged and enhanced the overall ministry of IEC.
In January 2006, IEC was given oversight by Reverend Dennis White, who first served as Interim Pastor, then Senior Pastor, then Associate Pastor until 2012. Following Pastor Dennis, we were blessed to have Reverend David Connolly as our Lead Pastor, and now eagerly await a new Senior Pastor to lead the church in continuing to fulfill the Great Commission.
IEC is a mortgage free building on 4.3 acres. There are plans for the facility to grow as the congregation grows. The sanctuary holds about a thousand people. IEC also has a vibrant online congregation with people tuning in from abroad.
- The Word: The Bible is the foundation of our faith and the master key of life.
- Prayer: God desires His people to depend on Him. The ministries of the church will rely on prayer in all endeavours.
- Family: As the Body of Christ, IEC is a place where everyone is accepted and loved unconditionally.
- The Lost: It is our practice to connect all people to Christ through evangelism, world missions and life groups.
Location: Toronto, ON
Application Deadline: June 16, 2023
Start Date: September 2023
TO APPLY please send a PDF copy of your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include “IEC – Senior Pastor” in the subject line.
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive consulting firm that specializes in working with not-for-profits and for-profit businesses across Canada, assisting them in the placement of senior executives and directors.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position. Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion in its hiring practices, and will only make distinctions among interested applicants in accordance with the applicable Human Rights legislation.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. also welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 13034 ]