St. Catharines, Ontario , L2N 2H2
Who we are
Northend Church is a young church in the heart of the north end of St. Catharines. In 2018, the Mennonite Brethren denomination contacted Mike and Terrie Sherbino, asking them to consider moving to St. Catharines to open a new church. It is a church where anyone can come, raise leaders who will change the world, and be a place where multitudes can experience the love of Jesus.
Who We Are Looking For
As part of the pastoral team, the Director of Worship Ministries is responsible for developing our in-house worship teams' vocal and musical abilities to raise spiritually mature musicians who can inspire and lead the Northend church family in corporate worship. This role oversees all weekend and special events' music, sound and media aspects.
The Director oversees the worship services, coordinating various aspects of church services and events by ensuring volunteers for music and tech ministries are trained and scheduled.
The Director will serve the growing Northend Church congregation of 300+ attendees and the community by leading and modelling genuine, Spirit-filled, creative, contemporary Hillsong & Elevation-type worship that produces maturity and devotion.
Planning and Leading all aspects related to music for Services – 50%
- Plan and lead worship services, select music, coordinate with musicians and vocalists, and create a worshipful atmosphere.
- Conduct worship rehearsals, ensuring team members are comfortable with music and arrangements.
- Coordinate volunteers for weekday and weekend event needs.
Recruiting and Training Musicians & Technical Team Members – 20%
- Recruit and train musicians and vocalists for the worship team while mentoring worship arts’ theological and technical aspects.
- Train and lead technical team members, ensuring that the technical aspects of the service run smoothly.
Services and Events Coordination - 20%
- Schedule and plan church services and events in coordination with the Lead Pastor
- Develop a 1- and 3-year plan for the worship ministry's key initiatives and goals.
Other Activities to Build the Culture of the Department -10%
- Develop and implement worship policies related to music selection, attire, rehearsals, and music and tech ministry culture.
- Manage church resources, including budgets, supplies, and equipment related to the role.
- Maintain and oversee worship equipment such as instruments, sound systems, and microphones.
- Manage church technology, including audiovisual equipment, online streaming, and other technology used during church services and events.
- The Worship Director may serve as a spiritual leader within the church community, offering guidance and support to team members and others as needed.
Bachelor's degree in Music, Worship, Christian Ministry, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in worship coordination.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading worship on a ministry team.
- Minimum of 1-year event planning.
- Minimum of 1-year volunteer management.
- Available to work flexible hours, including up to 2 evenings per week and every Sunday morning to accommodate worship services, rehearsals, and special events.
- Available for Sunday evening services monthly.
Leadership and Communication: Ability to manage, motivate and inspire ministry team members and to foster a positive and collaborative team culture.
Technical Proficiency: Competent understanding of sound engineering and/or lighting design to operate and troubleshoot audiovisual equipment used during worship services.
Current knowledge of worship ministry resources (e.g., songs, videos, teaching, online planning systems).
- Adherence to the Christian Faith and Creed:
- Strong biblical knowledge and discipline.
- Sensitive follower of the Holy Spirit's leading.
- Baptized follower of Christ.
- In Alignment with the Northend Statement of Faith and the Mennonite Brethren Confession of Faith
How to Apply
Send your resume with links to samples of your previous worship-leading experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Mike Sherbino
Subject line: Application for Worship Director
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process, if you require a specific accommodation, please let us know.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 13043 ]