Tyndale is partnering with Effect Hope to bring Philip Yancey: “Restoring Hope” to our community on Tuesday September 26 at 7:30PM. Together we will rediscover the power of hope and the difference it can make in our daily lives.
Global Development Officer - ON
Global Development Officer - ON
Guelph, Ontario , N1H 6T9
As a Christ follower, do you love sharing the good news of the gospel? Do you love meeting new people and building relationships? Are you excited by the opportunity to actively participate in our aggressive growth plans to see God’s Word placed in the hands of people in Canada and all around the world? If you have answered yes to these questions and you want to be part of a fast-paced growing ministry - we would love to meet you to explore the Global Development Officer - Ontario opportunity currently available on our Development team, with a focus on new business.
ShareWord Global (SWG) is a ministry committed to engaging the global Church to do one simple thing: go! Our mission is to ignite and fuel a passion in people’s hearts to share the gospel—training and equipping them, as a community of believers, to effectively introduce people to Jesus through God’s Word. SWG fuels the movement to “go!” and reach more people with the gospel through relational evangelism and training, innovative Scripture resources, and by partnering with local churches worldwide.
The Global Development Officer is responsible for prospecting and developing relationships that aid in acquiring new donors and soliciting funds from new, existing donors, corporations and foundations that will meet the supporter’s philanthropic wishes and achieve the ministry growth plans.
Reports to: VP of Development
Term: Full time
Location: Work from home (within Ontario)
- Prospect potential donors, corporations, and foundations
- Develop relationships with new donor portfolios to deepen and broaden existing philanthropy commitments
- Acquire, cultivate, and grow new donors and foundations
- Develop and implement strategies that will open new donor markets with the primary focus on multi-cultural sectors
- Steward and provide opportunities to engage donors so they grow increasingly committed to the ministry
- Solicit and acquire funds to meet annual financial goals
- Plan, participate in the creation of and edit personalized, compelling project proposals to various audiences
- Promote and encourage donors to participate in our Legacy Giving program
- Innovate - undertake research, analyze data and make recommendations regarding new opportunities and ventures which can enhance the ministry, and which can lead to new revenue sources and increased giving
- Recruit, coordinate and participate in ministry trips with major donors
- Demonstrates passion for Biblical stewardship and raising funds for the primary purpose of sharing God’s Word
- Possesses the necessary professional skills and experience to promote the ministry to various audiences such as membership, Christian public, businesses, and Foundations
- Possesses the necessary highly developed interpersonal and relational skills to serve as part of a variety of teams, motivating each other towards common goals and mission, to interact and relate to the membership, and to foster relationships with outside associations and various contacts
- Possesses the necessary written and verbal communication skills to dynamically articulate the vision of the organization as well as motivate and inspire others to participate
- Possesses the necessary skills to maintain accountabilities, process information, make decisions, organize workload, resolve conflicts, delegate responsibilities, and solve problems
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent completed post-secondary education in a relevant field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a sales or fundraising role with a proven track record of success
- Experience in the multi-culture market preferred
- Knowledge of Christian ministry or non-profit sector
- Successful track record as a professional fundraiser or as a relational salesperson, with proven ability to influence and build relationships
- Self-starter and able to work independently with a minimum level of supervision
- Personable, friendly, and donor-centric
- Ability to make the ask and solicit funds
- Experience writing proposals is an asset
- Experience of developing and implementation of prospecting plans
- Familiarity with moves management and fundraising and donor relations management systems such as Blackbaud and Raiser’s Edge
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) designation is an asset
ShareWord Global is an evangelical Christian ministry, dedicated to sharing the Word of God with the world. As a Christian evangelical ministry, candidates must be able to demonstrate a personal commitment to Jesus Christ, and identify with our Mission and Statement of Faith.
We offer a competitive compensation package and benefits.
We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Fundraising
Career ID: [ 13577 ]