Mississauga, Ontario , L4W4J1
The Alliance Canada
JOB TITLE: Videographer
TYPE: Permanent, Full-time
REPORTS TO: Communications Manager
LOCATION: National Ministry Centre, 101-2580 Matheson Blvd E, Mississauga, ON
The Alliance Canada is a group of approximately 440 churches and 1600 workers across Canada that aims to be a Christ-Centred, Spirit-empowered, Mission-focused movement in everything we do. We work to fulfill our mission through making disciples, multiplying churches in Canada, and ministering to least-reached people groups around the world. Whether serving in a Canadian suburb or in a remote mountain village in Asia, our goal is to live on mission with God through equipping our churches and workers. Join us as we complete God's call to tell everyone about the Good News of Jesus Christ!
The Alliance Canada is looking for a dynamic person to join our team. We offer a comprehensive compensation package including excellent benefits, an exceptional pension plan, and a generous vacation package. People and culture are paramount to us while serving the mission.
The successful applicant will express a clear personal commitment to the statement of faith, mission, and values of The Alliance Canada.
The Alliance Canada is looking for a videographer & editor with a creative eye and technical skills to tell stories of what God is doing in the Alliance. This role will be collaborating with teams and ministries in Canada and internationally to shoot and edit content to be used by our workers and churches around the world. From initial concepts, storyboard development, script editing to running/coordinating video shoots and final editing and post-production, the ideal candidate will have a passion for storytelling through film.
The Communications team is responsible for The Alliance Canada brand, cmacan.org, weekly emails, social media, major campaigns, a yearly magazine, videos, creative projects, and more. We’re a small, internal, creative agency. As part of a team, the Videographer would contribute at various points to most major communications projects, from the initial idea to the finished product and primarily tell stories that are aligned with the vision, values, and brand voice of The Alliance Canada. The ideal candidate would collaborate well with various teams, have a great sense of humor, and deliver quality products on-time.
KEY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, coordinate, and execute video shoots, ensuring the successful delivery of high-quality video content aligned with our brand and objectives.
- Translate requirements and ideas into meaningful stories.
- Lead the brainstorming of scripts and story boards.
- Prepare interview questions as needed.
- Coordinate onsite or offsite video shoots.
- Set and direct the scene to get the best shots.
- Ask questions to draw out the story.
- Translate strategic and creative direction into mission-driven videos that tell a compelling story for the appropriate audience.
- Operate and maintain professional-grade video equipment, ensuring optimal performance and adherence to technical specifications.
- Capture engaging footage using various techniques such as framing, composition, and lighting to effectively convey the desired message.
- Edit raw video footage, applying creative vision and utilizing industry-standard software to produce polished and visually compelling videos.
- Incorporate music, voiceovers, and graphics to enhance the overall quality and message of the videos.
- Use video editing software and tools to create smooth transitions, add visual effects, and optimize the videos for different platforms and formats.
- Collaborate with teams on marketing, content, and design, to understand project requirements and deliver video content that aligns with the overall strategy.
- Stay updated on emerging trends, techniques, and technologies in videography and video editing, incorporating innovative ideas into our video production processes.
- Manage video assets and maintain an organized library of footage, ensuring easy access and efficient workflow for future projects.
- Adhere to project timelines, deliverables, and budgetary constraints, demonstrating a strong sense of responsibility and accountability for project outcomes.
- Keep ears and eyes open for stories that would make great video – learn, research, and tell stories about the Alliance and know what could make a great story.
- Shoot and edit film for different genres: documentary, interview, reels, etc.
- Prepare both short and long form videos for items such as newsletters, event promotion, social media, etc.
- Work through projects in conjunction with the communications team and project manager; completing and recording details in Monday.com.
- Schedule and attend meetings with stakeholders to determine specification changes for existing sites.
- This role may involve both national and international travel throughout the year.
- Additional responsibilities as requested by the Communications Manager.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Proven experience as a Videographer and Video Editor, showcasing a diverse portfolio of high-quality video content.
- Proficiency in videography techniques, equipment operation, and video editing software (e.g., Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, DaVinci Resolve).
- Strong understanding of visual storytelling, composition, lighting, and audio production techniques to create impactful videos.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills to plan and execute video shoots effectively.
- Creative mindset with the ability to translate concepts and ideas into visually compelling video content.
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring the highest level of video quality and accuracy in editing.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective communication skills to work closely with stakeholders, understand their requirements, and deliver videos that meet their expectations.
- Knowledge of industry trends and best practices in videography and video editing.
- Ability to think on your feet and good at asking questions to draw out compelling stories.
- A love of and skill for photography would be an asset.
- Passionate about telling the story of God’s transformative power in the world and what the unique Alliance contribution is towards the Great Commission.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally.
- The successful applicant will express a clear personal commitment to the statement of faith, mission, and values of The Alliance Canada.
Please send your cover letter and CV to the HR manager at email@example.com
Notice of Accommodation:
The Alliance Canada has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities.
Please call 416- 674-7878 Ext.# 348 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place if you are invited to interview.
Posted Under: Information Technology
Career ID: [ 13799 ]