Project and Services Associate - Donor Relations
Project and Services Associate - Donor Relations
Mississauga, Ontario , L4W4J1
TYPE: Part-time, Permanent
REPORTS TO: Senior Program & Services Manager, Central
DEPARTMENT: Project & Services Hub, Central
LOCATION: National Ministry Centre, 101-2580 Matheson Blvd E, Mississauga, ON
The Alliance Canada
The Alliance Canada is a group of approximately 440 churches and 1600 workers across Canada that aims to be a Christ-Centred, Spirit-empowered, Mission-focused movement in everything we do. We work to fulfill our mission through making disciples, multiplying churches in Canada, and ministering to least-reached people groups around the world. Whether serving in a Canadian suburb or in a remote mountain village in Asia, our goal is to live on mission with God through equipping our churches and workers. Join us as we complete God's call to tell everyone about the Good News of Jesus Christ!
The Alliance Canada is looking for a dynamic person to join our team. We offer a comprehensive compensation package including excellent benefits, an exceptional pension plan, and a generous vacation package. People and culture are paramount to us while serving the mission.
The Project & Services Associate is a champion of gratitude, coordinating donor stewardship and engagement on behalf of The Alliance Canada. This role will coordinate donor relations and experiences, reviewing and continually improving pathways, touchpoints, communication, and giving campaigns for all donors, including individuals, churches, and grantors. The ideal candidate will have a passion for demonstrating donor impact and deepening donor engagement at all levels with strong writing skills, creativity, and the ability to translate complex information into synthesized compelling messages. Working closely with the Communications and Finance teams, the Project & Services Associate will communicate clearly and meaningfully, ensuring that all initiatives align with the vision, mission, and values of The Alliance Canada.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Coordinate, oversee, and monitor donor communication pathways, experiences, and processes, new donor onboarding, and giving campaigns. Participate in planning and strategy; provide input on best practices and tactics.
- Collaborate with the Communications team to support content development, planning of campaign deliverables, and creating an annual calendar for items such as donor thank you videos, emails, and social media content.
- Collaborate with the Finance team on donor processes and communication touchpoints.
- Review and recommend ways to enhance giving processes and procedures to maintain high retention rates on an ongoing basis.
- Track giving campaign results against targets.
- Maximize the use of the CRM for fund raising and research activities.
- Create and oversee a system for follow-up with high-level donors, including tracking contacts, communication, and engagements.
- Plan and coordinate donor meetings with the president and vice presidents, coordinating logistics with other Project & Services Hub staff.
- Support the preparation process for meetings with donors and prospective donors by drafting briefing notes, making appointments, organizing logistics, research, etc.
- Segment and collaborate on digital and direct-mail appeals that match the mindset of a donor to our ministry.
- Become knowledgeable of the key donor segments and stakeholders of The Alliance Canada and how to target effective acknowledgements, communication touchpoints, campaigns, etc. to each audience.
- Prepare donor letters, email communications, and newsletters.
- Liaise with an out-sourced agency to develop impactful Legacy-gift messaging.
- Coordinate and collect information to provide quality impact reports to grantors by the given deadlines.
- Acts as a champion for our donors by considering their perspective in all that we do.
- Collaborate on brainstorming ideas, take initiative, and see internal projects through to implementation.
- Think creatively to bring meaningful opportunities to deepen donor engagement at all levels.
- Produce clear and visually compelling donor reports.
- Visa reconciliation, expenses, & invoice processing.
- Stay current with research and fundraising trends.
- Self-initiate research and ideation as it pertains to the directed outcomes. While many activities are prescribed, The Alliance Canada holds a high value of curiosity, learning, and experimentation and expects staff to actively pursue these activities, as applicable, in their role.
- Available to assist with other key projects and tasks for their supervisor and other departments as assigned by the Senior Program & Services Manager.
Skills & Experience Requirements
- Demonstrated experience of excellence in fundraising, marketing, or a related field.
- Experience in working with donor relations, marketing, and/or fundraising programs.
- Experience working in a Christian ministry setting is an asset.
- Well versed in digital marketing tactics and techniques, and their application to the donor experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proficient in the English language.
- Demonstrated proficiency with databases, Microsoft Office 365, and project management software.
- Familiarity with using Monday.com is an asset.
- Avid learner, with the ability to stay on top of the latest fundraising trends and innovative practices.
- The successful applicant will express a clear personal commitment to the statement of faith, mission, and values of The Alliance Canada.
Diploma or Degree in Fundraising or related field.
Continuing education or seminars on fundraising, donor engagement, or related fields are an asset.
Please send your cover letter and CV to the HR manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice of Accommodation:
The Alliance Canada has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities.
Please call 416- 674-7878 Ext.# 348 or by e-mail at email@example.com so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place if you are invited to interview.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 13871 ]