Tyndale is partnering with Effect Hope to bring Philip Yancey: “Restoring Hope” to our community on Tuesday September 26 at 7:30PM. Together we will rediscover the power of hope and the difference it can make in our daily lives.
Oakville, Ontario , L6H 4R7
Faith Baptist Church – Senior Pastor Search Profile
Title: Senior Pastor
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Denomination: Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches (FEBC)
- Meets the qualifications for an elder as defined in the Church By-laws and Policy Statements
- Is in full agreement with the Church’s By-laws and Policy Statements including the Articles of Faith
- Has been ordained
- Commits to lead, promote and help implement the mission and ministry of the Church
- Consistently nurtures his personal relationship with God through the practice of spiritual disciplines (including reading and study of Scripture, prayer, good stewardship of time and money, and leading his family well)
- Has a passion to see individuals come to know God and to grow in their relationship with him
- Supports the ministry of the elders, deacons, staff and volunteers
The Senior Pastor will provide overall leadership for the Faith Baptist Church Oakville (Faith Oakville) congregation. He will work with the elders to provide vision and direction for the ministry as the church seeks to fulfill the mission to which God has called us.
Leading, Teaching & Preaching
- Setting the overall direction for the church with the assistance of the elders. This includes setting the vision, values and along with the elders and deacons the ministry budgets.
- Investing time to gain new leadership knowledge and skills that will help the church navigate growth and change
- Serving as the primary teacher/preacher for worship services
- Coordinating the preaching calendar and developing sermon series
- Actively identify, develop, and train leaders, including potential elders
- Helping each staff member develop their role and succeed in their ministry
- Providing pastoral care to staff
- Overseeing annual staff reviews
- Recommending changes in staffing to the elders
- Discipleship and Pastoral Care
- Lead, oversee and help staff and ministry leaders stay focused on discipleship, ensuring they understand how they are expected to contribute to the discipleship process
- Sharing pastoral care responsibilities with the elders
- Conducting funerals, weddings, premarital counselling, and counselling when needed
Supervision Received From: Elders
Supervision Given To: Staff in coordination with the elders, to deacons and leaders of other ministries as needed
We are grateful for all who apply, only those short-listed will be interviewed, but we will respond to all candidates. Please send your resume and completed FEB Pastoral Candidate Profile to the attention of the Pastoral Search Committee at email@example.com
Faith Baptist Church Oakville
Why are we here?
Faith Oakville exists to help people become mature followers of Jesus Christ.
What do we do?
Faith Oakville seeks to foster environments where people learn, together and individually, to embrace God, enjoy God’s family, and engage God’s world.
How do we do it?
Faith Oakville seeks to instill the following values into the lives of individuals and into our life together as a family:
- Embrace God through: The Bible, Prayer & Transformation
- Enjoy God’s Family through: Gathering, Serving & Discipleship
- Engage God’s World: Individually, Locally & Globally
Our Statement of Faith aligns with The Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches in Canada.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 13944 ]