Tyndale is partnering with Effect Hope to bring Philip Yancey: “Restoring Hope” to our community on Tuesday September 26 at 7:30PM. Together we will rediscover the power of hope and the difference it can make in our daily lives.
Communications and Campaign Manager
Communications and Campaign Manager
Kitchener, Ontario , N2G 2A2
Position Overview and Responsibilities
The Pregnancy Centre (TPC) is urgently hiring a Communications and Campaign Manager.
Reporting to the Director of Development and Communications, the manager will execute the TPC Development and Communications portfolio. A talented writer and personable relator, the manager will bring key strengths in communication, visual design, relationship building, logistics, and event planning.
The Communications and Campaign Manager will inform, educate, inspire, and engage donors, volunteers, and community partners to support the work of TPC.
This is a part-time, one-year contract position of 20 hours per week. TPC’s hours of operation are Monday to Thursday, 9 to 4 p.m. Flexibility in hours will be required, with occasional evening or weekend work for special events/fundraisers. There is potential for contract renewal and increased hours in the future.
This is an in-person position.
Hiring Range: $22 – 25/hour.
Posting Date: Monday, September 11, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. Please apply as soon as possible.
Social and Digital Media Content Management
- Executes TPC’s social media strategy, including generating, writing, designing, and posting social media content that increases awareness and motivates financial and in-kind donations.
- Monitors TPC’s social media accounts with the Director of Development and Communications.
- Creates webpages for giving appeals and inputs website edits, including continuous improvement projects.
Donor Relations and Communications
- Plans, drafts, and designs email communications to stakeholders that increase awareness and drive action.
- Maintains detailed records of all donor contact and giving history while ensuring timely and personal appreciation and recognition are completed.
Event and Campaign Management
- Under the leadership of the Director of Development, the manager is the principal coordinator for all giving appeals, including Giving Tuesday, Christmas Giving, an annual fundraising event, and the Baby Bottle Campaign.
- Contributes to event planning, including researching and contacting sponsors with the Director of Development and Communications.
- Coordinates logistics of events and campaigns from project pre-planning to event clean up, donor recognition, and records feedback for future improvements.
Research and Continuous Improvement
- Assists with data management, input, transfer, and accuracy using CRM technology.
- Uses survey tools and donor data to create recommendations for targeted fundraising campaigns.
- Improves donor communications and ensures quality in all external-facing communications.
- College diploma or bachelor’s degree in communications, business, marketing, public relations, a related field or an acceptable combination of training and experience.
- 1 to 2 years of professional experience as a social media content manager, event planner, or communications coordinator in a charity, non-profit, or related industry.
- Experience copywriting for social media, email, and web and an excellent grasp of the English language, including spelling and grammar.
- Persuasive and personable communicator, capable of building relationship with new partners and donors via email, telephone and in-person communications.
- Keen eye for information design and communicating information visually and through organic and paid digital media.
- Excellent attention to detail and diligence in seeing a project through from inception to project wrap-up.
- Project management experience in fundraising, communications and/or events.
- Social media expertise, including paid campaigns, creating reels, editorial planning, and facilitating user-generated content.
- Experience in fundraising, communications, and event management.
- Trustworthy, respects sensitive issues, and ensures the confidentiality of client information.
- Demonstrates a passion for supporting vulnerable populations.
- Commitment to understand and uphold the mission and values of TPC.
- Valid G-class driver’s license and access to a vehicle are required for local travel within the Waterloo Region.
- Commitment to using an anti-racist, anti-oppressive, and trauma-informed approach to service, writing, and communication.
How to Apply
Posting Date: Monday, September 11, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. Please apply as soon as possible.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Optional: please submit a writing and/or digital media sample (e.g., video, social media, print pieces) with your resume. Your submission can be from a professional or personal use.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Pregnancy Centre is committed to the protection of children – all offers of employment will be conditional upon the successful completion of reference checks and a Police background check.
We strive to remove barriers that may prevent qualified applicants from fully participating in the recruitment and selection process. Accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code is available throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.
Posted Under: Fundraising
Career ID: [ 14036 ]