Join us on May 24, 2022, for our annual Preaching Conference. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Mary Hulst. Theme: Preaching with Millennials and Gen Z in Mind. Workshops by: Addison Aspilla, Jenn Aspilla, Ruth Anne Breithaupt, Marilyn Drapper, Sarah Han, Rebecca Idestrom, Lisa Oppitz, James Roberston, and Narry Santos. Visit the Preaching Conference event for more details on our speakers and workshops.
Survivor Care Housing Coordinator
Survivor Care Housing Coordinator
Toronto, Ontario , M3C 3S7
- The Housing Coordinator will be responsible for developing housing strategies for survivors of human trafficking.
- The position will include identifying partner housing organizations to provide housing options for survivors.
- The Housing Coordinator will work with the survivor care team to develop and implement a plan to open a home for survivors and the position will include leadership of a safe-house staff and volunteer team in the long-term.
- Assisting in the survivor care department where necessary through the rehabilitation programming.
- Working with partners in the area of survivor ministry and working with the staff and volunteer team to further develop new and existing ministry areas.
Additional Job Requirements
- Experience in program development or management is preferred.
- Experience in leadership and team management is an asset.
To be an active voice and advocate of justice for individuals impacted by the sex industry and sex trafficking; and to further assist them in finding necessary support systems that will support their journey of healing, restoration, safety and freedom.
- to seek out survivors of sex trafficking and connect them with support, premised on biblical principles of love, patience and compassion.
- to protect the rights and dignity of individuals involved in sex trafficking.
- to collaborate, engage in dialogue and partner with other national stake holders and agencies that directly or indirectly have a passion to help survivors of sex trafficking.
- to advocate for changes and support upcoming policies that directly or indirectly have an impact on seeing sex trafficking eradicated in Canada.
- to provide preventative measures that will help individuals understand their identity, value, and self worth as well as provide that support for those who are still in sex trafficked situations.
- Christian Faith: Have a solid and vibrant Christian faith.
- Church Involvement: A positive relationship with a recognized church and regular attendance
- Ministry Experience: Have a solid background and understanding of Christian ministry (3-5 years).
- Mission Agreement: Compliance with Fight4Freedom’s theological and mission statements.
- Education: Relevant University or College Education.
- Is flexible in a team environment and is a team player.
- Able to work independently and strongly self-motivated.
- Superb command of the English language (both written and oral).
- Affinity for working in a small-sized non-profit, charitable environment.
Full-time or Part-time.
$18-$30/hour, depending on level of experience and education. All staff positions are on a support raised salary where the individual must raise 100% of their support. This means that you raise the funds for your salary as an inner-city missionary with Fight4freedom through your contacts, churches and relationships. We offer support in how to do this through coaching, training, and resources.
You do not need to live in Toronto to work for Fight4Freedom. Much of our work is done remotely and our staff is spread throughout several provinces.
Please submit a resume along with application form.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 4333 ]