Scarborough, Ontario , M1S 5A9
HCEFC is looking for an Associate Pastor to serve in the Chinese Congregation!
Hallelujah Chinese Evangelical Free Church (HCEFC) is a church of over 300 members (200 in Chinese Congregation) and our mission is to be a growing and multiplying disciple-community.
We are seeking a devoted disciple of Jesus Christ who will set an example in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and purity for the church; an individual that has great integrity and a strong commitment and dedication to the Lord and the local church.
The Associate Pastor of the Chinese Congregation is responsible to HCEFC to provide spiritual leadership to members of the Chinese Ministry in general, and fellowship and local evangelism in particular, by:
- Modeling in one’s personal life the grace and love of God;
- Inspiring congregants to desire a real relationship with Jesus Christ;
- Teaching the biblical truth;
- Engaging in pastoral care ministries;
- Being passionate about and enthusiastic in relating to people; and
- Leading the congregation in gospel outreach.
- Teaching and mentoring members to develop their biblical foundation and, more importantly, to desire a real relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Extending pastoral care and providing counseling services to the congregation.
- Building up leaders to serve in various capacities, with emphasis on developing a caring and gospel-centered community.
- Working as a team player within the pastoral team and following the lead of the Chinese Ministry lead pastor.
- Providing insight, support, and guidance for different ministries within the church, with a special focus on caring and evangelistic activities.
- Providing a monthly pastoral report to the church board and participate in church board meetings.
- Other pastoral duties as assigned.
- Subscribe to and agree with the Ethos and Statement of Faith of Evangelical Free Church of Canada.
- Close to graduation or graduated from training in an accredited seminary.
- At least 5 years of combined professional and lay serving experience, preferably in a North American, multicultural language church.
- Fluency in spoken and written Cantonese; able to communicate well in English; Mandarin is an asset.
- Passionate about pastoral ministry.
- Strong relational, mentoring, and counselling skills.
- A team-player and humble leader; open-minded, enthusiastic, friendly, and approachable.
- Experienced in a multicultural setting.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and Statement of Faith to the Pastoral Search Committee:
393 Middlefield Road
We appreciate all applications. However, only selected applicants will be contacted.
頌主播道會 (HCEFC) 是一間由超過300名信徒組成的教會 (中文堂約有200名會眾)，我們的使命是成為一個不斷成長及倍增的信徒群體。
請將您的履歷和信仰聲明發送致聘牧委員會（Pastoral Search Committee):
393 Middlefield Road,
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 4383 ]