Christmas in the Chapel presents the Tyndale Community Choir with special guest Mark Masri. Start the Christmas season with traditional favourites and a blend of genres to stir your heart. December 7th for 2 shows. Get your tickets before they are sold out.
Youth Care Worker
Youth Care Worker
Consul, Saskatchewan , S0N0P0
Reports to Program Director
Upholding the mission and vision of LHR through the ongoing monitoring, supervision, and care of all residents according to the daily schedule, policies, and procedures of LHR to ensure safety and security at all times.
- Minimum of two years experience working or volunteering directly with at-risk youth
- Must have a valid driver’s license & provide a clean driver’s abstract
- High School diploma, or equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- First Aid certificate
- Safe Food Handling certificate SKILLS:
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to enforce consistency in routine and expectations of the residents
- Strong leadership skills
- A self-motivated and independent thinker with strong decision-making skills
- Ability to assess individual behaviours and situational factors quickly to determine potential risks and develop a suitable course of action
- Work well as a team player, able to take direction and provide input
- Adaptable to high-stress situations, and work in fast-paced and changing environments
- Personal conduct is expected to reflect the Christian values, according to the policies and procedures, and exemplify the model of behaviour required of the residents of LHR.
- Maintain the expectations & responsibilities outlined in the LHR Policy & Procedure and Program Manuals
- Uphold the four values (Mentoring, Education, Faith, Life Skills) and seek to carry out the vision and mission of LHR at all times
- Encourage and disciple residents, seeking opportunities to empower residents to make positive choices
- Maintain clearly defined emotional and relational boundaries with residents
- Supervise residents and ensure their safety
- Maintain reasonable control, enforce rules, and discipline residents accordingly
- Prepare and lead daily devotionals
- Pray for and with others associated with the ministry of LHR (residents, coworkers, board members, etc.)
- Willingness to support and be involved with the Equine Program
- Full participation in the various types of activity programming offered, including both general and specialized activities. You are expected to lead by example.
- Youth Care staff are supervised by the Program Director.
- Weekly staff meetings are mandatory.
- Living Hope Ranch expects the highest level of integrity to furthering the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Salary $15 hourly.
- Submit a completed application form
- Submit a resume & cover letter outlining the job you are applying for
- Submit 3 reference letters
- Selected candidates interview with Employment Recruitment Committee
- Submit copies of:
- First Aid Certification
- Criminal Record Check
- Vulnerable Sector Check
- Drivers Abstract
- Food Safe Handling certification (not necessary for the application, but must be completed prior to employment)
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 4493 ]