Learn from outstanding faculty, visiting scholars teachers who are recognized experts in their fields. Tyndale Spring & Summer courses will be offered as scheduled, delivered in either Livestream, Online or Hybrid (Online/Livestream) formats. Registration is open.
Youth Care Worker
Youth Care Worker
Shaunavon, Saskatchewan , s0n2m0
Reporting to: Student Life Director
Rock Solid Refuge is a 12-month, biblically-based residential program for 13 to 18-year-old boys with life-controlling issues. This program encompasses spiritual, academic, and vocational training to equip students to return to society as responsible citizens. Rock Solid Refuge is a farm setting, 34 km north east of Shaunavon, Saskatchewan.
A youth Care Worker will represent Jesus Christ through servant leadership by implementing biblical precepts, scripture, and prayer in daily life and counsel. This requires the pursuit of God through interpersonal relationships, accountability, regular church attendance, and consistent personal devotions.
Supervise and mentor students from wake-up till bedtime during non-school hours.
Shifts: 7 days on; 7 off.
- Personal relationship with Christ from an Evangelical point of view
- References attesting to a lifestyle consistent with Christian faith
- An understanding of integrating the Christian faith in relating to students
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- First Aid certificate (Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training provided, yearly)
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Become familiar with the Student Handbook
- Mentor an assigned student, one-on-one, each week
- Supervise students and ensure their safety daily, wake-up till bedtime, except during school
- Maintain reasonable control, enforce rules, and give consequences accordingly
- Administer and record medications
- Ensure students fulfill chore, hygiene, laundry, and program requirements
- Lead daily work projects, sports, games, etc.
- Prepare and lead devotionals, on occasion
- Debrief with staff & lock-down, nightly; student reports, weekly
- Some administrative tasks
- Carry a cell phone
- Attend weekly staff meetings; these are paid time
Salary based on minimum wage
Room and board, $275/pay period (monthly) or $12.50/day, dependent on availability
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.96 /hour
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 4556 ]