Camp Assistant Director
Camp Assistant Director
Toronto, Ontario , M4P3C8
July 5 - August 22; 7 weeks; 180 hours total
Are you interested in leading a team of interns in working with children, youth, and adults with special needs and their siblings? The Special Needs Camp Assistant Director position is an opportunity for you to gain hands-on experience in mentoring interns as they develop a virtual program for a diverse group of individuals with special needs and their siblings at Camp Eulogia (retreat for families with special needs). You will be involved in organizing family orientation, overseeing program development and mentorship, and training. Flexible availability required some weekends.
- Passion and experience working with families with special needs
- Experience working with parents/guardians, children/adults who have special needs, and recruiting volunteers
- Experience working in a summer camp setting
- Supervisory and virtual programming experience is an asset
- Fluent in English. Functional Cantonese and/or Mandarin an asset
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Email, Dropbox, Social Media
- Vulnerable Sector Check (valid for 3 years)
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act 2
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- This position is funded by a government grant. Applicants must be between age 18 and 30 to be considered.
- Preferred field of profession: teaching , therapeutic recreation, ECE, disability studies, social work, disability support worker
- Support Program Director regarding policies and procedures
- Recruit, supervise, support, and mentor summer intern team for family summer retreat
- Facilitate opportunities for program development, ministry leadership, and community outreach through field studies, workshops, and family orientations
- Coordinate and supervise camp programs for siblings and children/adults with special needs at family retreat in the summer
- Attend monthly Village Eulogia leadership team meetings and facilitate weekly meetings with interns
- Provide individual and team mentorship for summer interns
- Develop safety plans for campers (as needed)
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 5, 2021. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 4651 ]