Pension and Benefits Manager
Pension and Benefits Manager
Mississauga, Ontario , L5N 5R4
CBM is a global mission organization committed to sharing God’s love through word and deed. We believe that God brings healing to a broken world through local churches. CBM works strategically alongside a network of partners in 14 priority fields, providing assistance in the following areas: Poverty, Justice, Kids at Risk, Building the Church and Crisis Response.
Canadian Baptist Ministries is looking for a Pension and Benefits Manger. This person is responsible for the oversight and administration of the Canadian Baptist Pension and Employee Benefit plans, which combined have over 2,300 members. The Canadian Baptist Pension Plan is Canada’s 40th largest DC Pension plan with $250 Million in assets and the Employee Benefit Plan is around $8 Million in annual premiums. This position consults extensively with the plans’ service providers and consultants and provides advice and direction to benefits staff in the Regional Offices.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Consultation with plan service providers and management
- Work extensively with our plan record keepers, consultants, auditors, insurers and senior management to ensure that the multiple plans are in compliance and operating effectively.
- Provide advice and direction to plan stakeholders
- Be the ‘go to’ person for the different regional staff who need management assistance.
- Respond to service issues, and policy interpretations
- Communications portfolio
- Develop and implement our communication goals and strategies.
- Keep members informed through website, social media, emails, newsletters and other communication methods.
- Provide Administrative Support
- Provide administrative support such as meetings, presentations and seminars
- Organize and file all pension and insurance documents, compliance reports and all plan related material.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Must accept CBM’s Core Values (see www.cbmin.org/our-story/what-we-value/)
- Willing to sign off on CBM’s Lifestyle Agreement and Child Protection Policy.
- Appropriate post-secondary education, BComm- Human Resource Mgt or Finance, MBA, BA Communications, BA Planning
- Have your CEB or CEBS or PPAC and GBA combination or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years’ experience in Pension and/or Employee Insurance Programs
- Strategic thinker with ability to work independently and see projects through to completion.
- Proven attention to detail and problem solving ability.
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, including proof-reading, and editing.
- Customer service experience and ethic, together with a pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Proven ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in all internal and external matters.
- A high degree of computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite) and experience with databases.
- Experience in managing basic social media communication.
Submit resume and cover letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position will be held open until January 4, 2019 or until a suitable candidate has been found.
Thank you for your application; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: Accounting / Finance
Career ID: [ 6178 ]