Learn from outstanding faculty, visiting scholars teachers who are recognized experts in their fields. Tyndale Spring & Summer courses will be offered as scheduled, delivered in either Livestream, Online or Hybrid (Online/Livestream) formats. Registration is open.
Summer Student Worker
Summer Student Worker
Shaunavon, Saskatchewan , S0N 2M0
Reporting to Student Life Director, Education Director
Rock Solid Refuge (RSR) is a 12-month, biblically-based residential program for 13 – 18-year-old boys with life-controlling issues. This program encompasses spiritual, academic, and vocational training to equip students to return to society as responsible citizens.
- A Summer Student Worker will represent Jesus Christ through servant leadership by implementing biblical precepts, scripture, and prayer in daily life and counsel. This requires the pursuit of God through interpersonal relationships, accountability, regular church attendance, and consistent personal devotions.
- Summer Student Worker (40 hours per week) will be placed in various roles, supervising and assisting students, as needed. These may include Youth Care Worker (YCW); classroom; assisting with Level work, maintenance, and work projects; night watch duty.
- Personal relationship with Christ from an Evangelical point of view.
- References attesting to a lifestyle consistent with Christian faith.
- An understanding of integrating the Christian faith in relating to students.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Ability to demonstrate and share Christian biblical beliefs with our students.
- Ability to provide support to students with social, communication, and behaviour challenges.
- Ability to work well under RSR leadership.
- First Aid certificate (Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training provided yearly) considered an asset.
- Valid driver’s license considered an asset.
- Agree with the core values and statement of faith of RSR, demonstrated through servanthood to God, RSR students and staff, donors, and leadership.
- Respect the spiritual heritage and non-denominational culture of RSR.
The following are some of the primary responsibilities associated with each of the roles:
- Know RSR’s expectations of staff and students
- Student supervision: (students have 24/7 supervision) ensure safety; drive them to appointments; participate in day passes; maintain control; enforce rules, and discipline accordingly; assist in handling student conflicts and aggression; carry a cell phone
- Assist in planning and leading Physical Education, and Work Projects
- Spiritual care: prepare and lead devotionals; assist in teaching and mentoring students
- Classroom: supervise, tutor, and assist students, 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Night Watch: assist in supervising students, morning and evening; ensure students’ compliance and safety during sleep hours
- Proper use of forms and inter-departmental communications
- Attend weekly staff meetings
Flat rate based on minimum wage (40 hours per week); room and board deducted at $250/month if required
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 6574 ]