Sibling Program Intern
Sibling Program Intern
Toronto, Ontario , M4P3C8
Village Eulogia offers 3 Summer Internship positions with unique training and opportunities in developing and implementing recreational programs at Camp Eulogia for families with children/adults who have special needs.
Duration: July 5 - August 22; 7 weeks; 180 hours total
Do you want to develop your passion of working with children and youth through exploration and practical experience? This 7-week internship opportunity will give you hands-on experience in facilitating a virtual sibling support group for children and youth who have brothers or sisters with special needs. You will plan and explore under the guidance of a mentor ways to support siblings. You will also be given opportunities to develop skills in spiritual discipleship and leadership. This experience is sure to give you a taste of the field of family support services and ministry. Flexible availability required some weekends.
- Passion and experience in supporting/mentoring siblings of individuals with special needs
- Experience programming for and facilitating children and/or youth programs. Virtual program facilitation is an asset
- Strong leadership skills
- Behaviour management skills is an asset
- This position is funded by a government grant. Applicants must be between age 18 and 30 to be considered
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act 2
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Email, Dropbox, Social Media
- Vulnerable Sector Check (valid for 3 years)
- Fluent in English. Functional Cantonese and/or Mandarin an asset
- Plan and facilitate virtual programs for siblings (ages 6-18) of children/adults who have special needs
- Plan and facilitate group activities for the entire family
- Conduct family orientation sessions and volunteer training
- Attend meetings with mentors and child protection training
- Engage with the community through social media
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com by May 5, 2021. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 6579 ]