Scarborough, Ontario , M1W 2P5
Jesse Ketchum: 1 full-time position at 24-32 hrs/wk
Toronto City Mission
Toronto City Mission is a charitable organization that focuses on building loving relationships to bring hope to children and families impacted by poverty. We help children, youth, and adults rise above poverty by providing preventative programs, building relationships, and raising leaders. Our programs are designed to equip them to make wise choices about school, friends, relationships, work, and the future.
The Jesse Ketchum Outreach Worker will work alongside the existing Outreach Worker to plan and oversee a number of community programs. These programs include KIC (Kids in Community) After school program, EPIC (Education Provided in Community) tutoring, TLC (Teens Leading Community) Leadership Program, and Sonshine Day Camp during March Break and in the Summer.
- Confidently lead and direct large groups of kids/youth and volunteers in a program setting. Includes school year and summer programs.
- Oversee the program registration process
- Recruit, direct, and provide personal and spiritual support to team of volunteers, interns and placement students
- Schedule the specifics of the program events and volunteer support
- Order program resources
- Provide mentorship and discipleship of youth in the Teens Leading Community Program
- Reach out to parents and provide support as needed
- Take action to deal with incidents and parent concerns
- Connect with local partners such as community organizations and churches
- Participate in staff meetings and completing training sessions
- Submit monthly reports
- Contribute to TCM blog, newsletter, and social media posts
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years’ related experience in a similar leadership role
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Strong personal spiritual life and commitment to Jesus Christ
- Active participation in a local church body
- Team player with strong initiative
- Confidence in relational ministry
Salary based on a faith support model. A successful applicant will be required to commit to raising 100% of his/her salary and gather a personal support team.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, motivation for ministry and resumé to Dorothy Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 6637 ]