Director of Development
Director of Development
Vancouver, British Columbia , V6H 1M8
The organization is actively preparing for operational growth and upcoming venue expansion, and is now seeking a Director of Development to help support our transition into an exciting future. This is a brand-new position, intended to help ensure the company can flourish with a stable and enhanced donor base.
We are looking for a charismatic and hard-working individual to join our dynamic team and establish a strategic development plan that will focus on balancing annual operational health, while preparing us for a Capital Campaign.
Reports to: Executive Director
About Pacific Theatre
For 35 years, Pacific Theatre has fulfilled its mandate of creating professional theatre that explores the spiritual aspects of the human experience from a Christian perspective through its production of over 300 shows, including 91 original works, and training over 60 emerging artists through its apprentice program. Pacific Theatre is proud to be one of Vancouver’s only mid-sized theatre companies, with a history of award-winning seasons and productions, created in its intimate alley-theatre located within the Chalmers Heritage Building.
Qualifications & Experience
- College, university or professional certificate degree preferred
- 3+ years of related past experience in the area of fundraising, ideally in an arts and culture environment
- Experience with prospect management and major gift cultivation and solicitation
- An enthusiasm for Pacific Theatre’s mandate and culture
Skills and Competencies
- Highly organized with exceptional administrative skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to build excellent working relationships with donors and colleagues
- Excellent writing skills and an ability to clearly communicate vision and values
- Self-motivated, friendly, energetic and creative
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with fundraising or CRM databases; familiarity with Arts Management Systems an asset
- Thrives in an open office work environment
- Prepare and execute annual fundraising plans for:
- Individual donors,
- Corporate donors and sponsors,
- Prospect Cultivation
- Collaborate with Artistic Director and Executive Director in the identification, cultivation and solicitation of prospects
- Plan and execute Development events
- Attend internal and external meetings, plus networking and community events
- Build and maintain relationship with existing donor base
- Maintain and manage donor records
- Keep abreast of fundraising industry developments and best-practices
- Other duties as required.
Salary range commensurate with experience. We are open to the position being filled in a full-time or part-time capacity. Hours and schedules may be negotiated on an individual basis. We encourage applications from all interested parties.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate all who express interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Pacific Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer and hiring decisions are based solely on the merits of the candidates and needs of the “Society”.
Posted Under: Fundraising
Career ID: [ 6994 ]