Relief Personal Support Worker
Relief Personal Support Worker
Toronto, Ontario , M4S 1J6
More than 1 required (union position)
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
- Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
- Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
- Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
The Salvation Army’s flagship Meighen Health Centre is a not-for-profit, faith-based continuum of care, providing a high standard of holistic person-centered health care services to the residents of a 168 bed long term care home and to residents of an 80 suite retirement residence. We demonstrate Christian values and are a transforming influence in the lives of our residents, families, staff, volunteers and the community. We are inspired by our Mission and Values and CARE about the work we do!
- Provides for personal care in accordance with established policy, physician’s orders, the resident plan of care and within the scope of practice of a PSW;
- Contributes to and follows a plan of care to meet residents’ assessed need;
- Is responsible for maintaining accurate and complete records of personal care delivered;
- Demonstrates a professional working knowledge of all equipment used in the delivery of nursing care;
- Follows all corporate policies and procedures;
- Seeks direction from the RPN and/or RN when resident need exceeds experience or scope of practice
- Observes, reports, records resident conditions and follows care plans as directed by the RN and/or RPN;
- Assists in maintaining an environment appropriate to meet residents individualized needs
Education & Experience
- Must possess certification as a Personal Support Workers through a recognized College or educational institution. Consideration will be given to those with a valid Health Care Aide Certificate
- Demonstrated experience in a long-term care setting is preferable
- Proficiency in interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency with WORD, email, internet use and computerized documentation an asset
- Knowledge and familiarity with computer operations and software applications, including resident records.
- Current knowledge of issues and trends including best practices in the enhancement of quality of life
- Knowledge of current quality improvement and risk management concepts and approaches with special emphasis on the prevention of falls and least restraint policies
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
You must be available to work evenings and weekends
Successful candidate will be required to provide upon hiring:
- A clear vulnerable sector screening
- A clean drivers abstract
- Participate in our online Armatus Abuse Training and Health and Safety training required upon hiring, as well as updated annually
Salary:$19.27 per hour
Interested applicants are asked to contact Director, Employee Relations by August 31, 2019
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 7208 ]