Toronto, Ontario , M4S 1G1
More than 1 required (union position)
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
- Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
- Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
- Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
The Salvation Army’s flagship Meighen Health Centre is a not-for-profit, faith-based continuum of care, providing a high standard of holistic person-centered health care services to the residents of a 168 bed long term care home and to residents of an 80 suite retirement residence. We demonstrate Christian values and are a transforming influence in the lives of our residents, families, staff, volunteers and the community. We are inspired by our Mission and Values and CARE about the work we do!
- Prepares food by cooking and assembly, following standardized recipes and special diet orders, in accordance with departmental procedures and statistical reports
- Ensures proper food handling procedures are followed including HACCP
- Ensures food safety by monitoring food and equipment temperatures
- Works with dietary Aides to ensure the smooth coordination of activities, efficiency and accuracy of production and delivery and to ensure proper production, quality and delivery of food is maintained.
- Maintains equipment and work area in a clean and tidy condition, reports equipment problems
- Participates in quality monitoring activities such as testing food for appearance, taste and texture and recording results
Education & Experience
- Completion of a recognized cook or Chef program
- Completion of a Food Handler’s program
- Red Seal Certification Preferred
- Long Term Care experience
- Excellent Written and verbal communication skills
- Computer Literacy
- Ability to operate kitchen equipment
- Demonstrated leadership skills
You must be available to work evenings and weekends
Successful candidate will be required to provide upon hiring:
- A clear vulnerable sector screening
- A clean drivers abstract
- Participate in our online Armatus Abuse Training and Health and Safety training required upon hiring, as well as updated annually
Salary: $19.52 per hour
Interested applicants are asked to contact ;Director, Employee Relations by August 31, 2019
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 7209 ]