Scarborough, Ontario , M1W 3Y5
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. Located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau, we specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
To provide support to the finance team by managing the various daily financial transactions. These duties include but are not limited to: data entry, vendor maintenance, bank deposits, and preparing financial reports. In all tasks, a high degree of accuracy must be maintained.
- Reports to: Finance and Compliance Manager
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Location: 20 Bamburgh Circle, Scarborough, ON
(please note – this position moves to our Resort in Rosseau, ON during the summer months)
- Assemble, review and verify invoices and cheque requests
- Enter invoices into accounting system for payment
- Track expenses and process expense reports
- Prepare and process electronic payments
- Prepare monthly individual VISA statements and integrate into accounting system
- Prepare and perform cheque runs for vendor payments
- Update various reporting financial spreadsheets
- Process incoming monies for bank deposit
- Reconcile Bank Statement information to accounting system
- Maintain Petty Cash accounts
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Passionate about accounting
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Flexible and able to work with various people across the organization
- Strong problem solving skills
- Detailed and task oriented
- Understand where relevant data is stored, be able to retrieve and compile that data into a user friendly format
- Have knowledge in and experience with the following software: Great Plains Dynamics, EXCEL, Google Sheets
- Personal values that match Muskoka Woods core values
- A passion for ministry and a love for youth will be considered a strong asset.
- College or University Education in Business, Finance, Administration or Accounting
- 1 to 2 years experience
- Ability to sit, talk, hear, see and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
- Ability to communicate both written and verbal with guests and staff.
Please forward all cover letters and resumes and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in Muskoka Woods!
Posted Under: Accounting / Finance
Career ID: [ 7210 ]