Christmas in the Chapel presents the Tyndale Community Choir with special guest Mark Masri. Start the Christmas season with traditional favourites and a blend of genres to stir your heart. December 7th for 2 shows. Get your tickets before they are sold out.
Wellness Centre Receptionist
Wellness Centre Receptionist
The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and British Columbia and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services—food, clothing and housing, and support services—education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta and British Columbia.
Support Centre Receptionists are often the first point of contact for clients and visitors to the 102 Support Centre and Wellness Centre. The candidate must be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while still maintaining a compassionate and professional approach with all clients, visitors and staff. Answering incoming phone calls and inquiries from clients, volunteers and staff is primary to this role as is connecting clients to appropriate resources.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet clients and visitors to The Mustard Seed;
- Triage and book appointments for clients with programs as needed;
- Ensure computerized appointment system is up-to-date;
- Respond and/or redirect all patient and visitor requests accordingly;
- Set-up new clients into the computer system;
- Ensure correspondence, reports, results etc. are filed electronically in correct client record;
- Ensure reception and waiting areas are kept neat and tidy;
- Re-stocking of information leaflets as appropriate;
- Answer phone calls in a polite and courteous manner as well as track, log, and transfer phone calls accordingly;
- Greet, oversee and monitor volunteer & guest activities within the Support Centre;
- Consistently communicate with the Street Level Team as issues arise;
- Perform clerical duties;
- Provide crisis intervention as required;
- Track statistics, prepare reports, attend training as required;
- Other duties and tasks as required.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Diploma or certificate in related field;
- Experience as a Receptionist or Office Assistant, preferably in a medical setting or in an environment assisting with vulnerable people
- Strong people and communication skills;
- Knowledge of mental illness and addictions preferred;
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information;
- Good organizational and time management skills;
- Proven computer skills (Microsoft Office);
- Excellent customer service skills;
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a highly collaborative team;
- Strong desire to work with a marginalized population.
- This is a one-year maternity cover position
- This position is part of a regular work week schedule, running 8:00AM – 4:30PM, Monday - Friday
- The working environment for this position requires moderate amounts of walking, standing, sitting, lifting, carrying, and daily interactions with colleagues and clients.
- This position is often fast-paced, and requires a focused amount of mental effort to analyze information and problem solve.
- Employment Security Check is required
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Start date: once a suitable candidate is found
Apply online using our Position Application Form on our Careers page. (https://themustardseedhr.wufoo.eu/forms/position-application-form/)
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 7294 ]