Join us on April 28, 2020 for our annual Preaching Conference. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Mary Hulst. Theme: Preaching with Millennials and Gen Z in Mind. Workshops by Tyndale Faculty Gary V. Nelson, Helen Noh, Narry Santos, Rebecca Idestrom, James T. Robertson, Marilyn Draper, and Daniel Wong. Tickets available online. Early bird deadline is March 23, 2020.
Burlington , Ontario , L7R 3Y8
To assist in the processing of payroll, benefits, and human resources for the employees of the Canadian agencies and ministries of the Christian Reformed Church in North America. Also, to assist in the processing of the pension payroll and the administration of the group insurance and benefit plans for CRC pastors and church staff.
Salary Level: $20.65 per hour
This position has scheduled hours, two days per week (15 hours) on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following
- Assist in the bi-weekly payroll function for the domestic employees of the CRCNA and its various agencies.
- Assist in the monthly payroll function for the international employees of the CRCNA and its various agencies.
- Verify timekeeping records and consult employees about any discrepancies.
- Assist in the monthly payroll function for the retiree benefits of the Ministers Pension Fund.
- Process monthly government remittances associated with various payrolls.
- Process enrolment and changes for participants of benefit plan and RRSP plan.
- Process monthly billing of church participants Group Health and Life plan for ministers and ministry staff of the Christian Reformed Churches in Canada.
- Maintain individual employee personnel files and human resources database. Maintain files and records relative to payroll, benefits plans, and retirement plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Working knowledge and skills related to computer-based payroll processing software
- Intermediate skill with MS Excel and Word
- Ability to perform work accurately and dependably
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to handle confidential information and maintain strict confidentiality
- Demonstrated commitment to Christ and to the goals of the Christian Reformed Church and its ministry agencies. Able to respect and support the mission, vision and values of the CRCNA.
Education and/or Experience
College diploma in bookkeeping, payroll or human resources
1-3 years’ experience in payroll administration, including government remittances
Must be proficient in English
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Posted Under: Accounting / Finance
Career ID: [ 7742 ]