Care Manager Specialist
Care Manager Specialist
Toronto, Ontario , M5A 2G7
YSM is the vibrant, local Christian development agency that is leading a collective movement – going beyond meeting immediate needs by offering holistic programs and a pathway that can transform the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto, from merely surviving to thriving.
Reporting directly to the Director of Community Support Services (CSS) YSM is seeking a full time, Care Management Specialist who will be responsible to work with adults that are experiencing poverty facing barriers that threaten stability and employability. Our goal is support individuals in their journey towards stability, purpose and employment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Work with chronically poor adults to address multiple barriers that threaten their stability through a holistic care management approach that utilizes our RISE Model (Respond, Invite, Support, Engage) to provide a wrap-around system of support through internal and external partnerships to ensure that adults move from crisis to stability and out of poverty
- Oversee and deliver courses and workshops that are relevant to building capacity for adults to be successful
- Establish and strengthen relationships with external agencies, creating a pathway for new clients to enter YSM Care Management
- Embrace and demonstrate a strengths perspective and trauma informed approach. Foster inclusive space
- Accompany adults to appointments, case conferences, and any other related appointments when applicable. Provide system navigation support and advocacy as required
- Manage a caseload of up to 30 adults and provide back up to peers when needed
- Support the planning, organizing, promoting and overseeing of Community Support Services (Bridges) events
- Document activities and outcomes through case notes, action plans, touchpoints using our TIMES measurement system
The successful candidate will have the following skills and training:
- MSW/BSW/MA or equivalent certifications with minimum 3 years of experience
- Able to work with diverse people groups within a multi-faith, multi-cultural, anti-oppressive framework
- Able to make analytical decisions around case management and program delivery
- A demonstrated passion for poverty alleviation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Capable of traveling around the city to assist with appointments
- Strong attention to detail, administrative and computer skills
- Experience preparing, delivering and facilitating workshops
- Solid team player and able to independently
- Demonstrated commitment to YSM’s Mission, Biblical Foundations, and Core Values.
- A police check will be required.
- First Aid & CPI training is an asset
- Able to work 1-2 evenings per/week an asset.
Please go to https://ysm.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=35 to apply online.
Deadline for Application: August 20, 2020
Starting Date: September 2020
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about Yonge Street Mission by visiting our website go to www.ysm.ca
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 8082 ]