North York, Ontario
Are you passionate about serving others? Do you enjoy engaging in discussions with people about how to choose the right bible study tools for them? Are you a quick software learner and can provide excellent customer service? Our Sales Associate position would be a great way to leverage your skills and talents while growing in a Christian work environment.
Cornerstone Bookshop’s mission is to provide Christ centred products that equip, enrich and inspire Christians within the GTA.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Provide outstanding customer service through the promotion and/or sale of products and services in store and over the phone.
- Assist with point of sale i.e. purchases, opening and closing procedures, refunds
- Receive new product in our inventory using our software program
- Maintain and fill special order requests from customers
- Perform inventory tasks including the update of product pricing, product returns and stocking of incoming product.
- Assist with visual merchandising and seasonal and/or promotional resets.
- Giving advice and guidance on product selection to customers.
- Keeping the store tidy and clean i.e. vacuuming and dusting.
- Willing to work evenings and Saturdays and a minimum of 30 hours/week
- Engaging and polite. Eager to serve others with a joyful attitude and demonstrates strong communication skills
- Strong understanding of the internet and proficiency with Microsoft applications
- Ability to learn a computer software
- Physically fit as you will be on your feet for most of the day and may be required to lift boxes.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Planning skills that require managing multiple and sometimes competing priorities
- Efficient time management and maintaining an orderly, organized work environment.
- Minimum 5+ years in a customer service role
- Previous employment in retail sales or the Christian book industry is preferred but not necessary.
- Some basic knowledge of Christian books and media is an asset
How to Apply
Please submit your application by email or in person to John Tadros. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Marketing/Sales
Career ID: [ 8151 ]