Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager
Oshawa, Ontario , L1G4X4
BFM Foundation (Canada) is a national Christian charitable organization with over 50 Mission Thrift Stores across Canada, which are staffed primarily by volunteers. The net revenue from all Mission Thrift Stores is devoted to the Joint Ministry of BFM Foundation (Canada) and Bible League Canada. These funds are used to establish adult literacy programs, provide church planter training, children’s ministry programs, and through these programs, to place Bibles in many countries around the world.
The Mission Thrift Store, Oshawa is currently seeking a full-time Assistant Manager for the Oshawa store. The Assistant Manager is responsible for supporting the operations of the Oshawa Store, specifically under the supervision and direction of the Store Manager.
The start date for this position is immediately.
Reporting to the Store Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering sustainable support to the operations of the store, under the direction and supervision of the Store Manager in each of the following performance areas:
- Internal Controls:
- Internal (events and volunteer appreciation)
- Internal (store policies, staff/volunteer training, PPE)
- External (Ministry of Labour, Human Rights Commission, and Health and Safety)
- Other duties, as assigned by Store Manager
- Secondary School diploma
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work-related experience (Business degree or certificate is an asset)
- 3+ years with retail sales experience
- Supervising and working with volunteers an asset
- Familiarity with merchandise promotion and sales techniques.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, other required programs
- Cash register and other business related machines
Interpersonal Skills and Personal Attributes
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast paced environment with grace and good humour
- Ability to work in collaboration with upper management (Store Manager)
- Ability to take direction
- Good conflict resolution skills
- Organized and neat
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Independent decision-making skills
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written, listening)
- Willingness to be flexible in tasks assigned, to meet the needs of the operation
- Willingness and ability to make appropriate decisions in the absence of the Store Manager
- Demonstrate strong work ethics
- Follower of Jesus Christ who wholeheartedly subscribes to the BFM Foundation Thrift Store Development Ltd.’s Statement of Faith and Lifestyle and general Store Policies.
- In fulfilling your responsibilities, you will be required to pray with people who work or volunteer for Mission Thrift Stores. This may include, but is not limited to opening in prayer and devotions at Mission Thrift Store Staff Meetings, Mission Thrift Store events etc.
- A love for Bible-based ministry in Canada and around the world.
- Cultural, economic and environmental sensitivity.
The Assistant Store Manager would be expected to lift more than 20 lbs, be flexible in work assignments to meet the needs of the store, be willing to work on an average of 35 hours per week with scheduling on occasional Saturdays.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and that fall within the salary range for this position. You may include your salary expectations. Only those considered for interviews will be contacted.
How to Apply
If you feel you have the passion and skill set that would help to advance the purpose of BFM Foundation (Canada), we look forward to hearing from you! Please submit your resume by October 2, 2020 by email to email@example.com
Full Job Description available upon request
BFM Foundation (Canada) welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: Management
Career ID: [ 8158 ]