Join us on May 24, 2022, for our annual Preaching Conference. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Mary Hulst. Theme: Preaching with Millennials and Gen Z in Mind. Workshops by: Addison Aspilla, Jenn Aspilla, Ruth Anne Breithaupt, Marilyn Drapper, Sarah Han, Rebecca Idestrom, Lisa Oppitz, James Roberston, and Narry Santos. Visit the Preaching Conference event for more details on our speakers and workshops.
Ottawa, Ontario , K4A 4J3
Nestled in energetic Orleans, a family-oriented suburb of Ottawa, is Redeemer Alliance church. At Redeemer Alliance church we are actively seeking to further the Kingdom of God and bring the message of hope our world so desperately needs. We believe that God is at work in us right now to help bring about revival in our surrounding community as we seek to lead people, through the power of the Holy Spirit, into a loving, life-giving relationship with Jesus Christ.
We are helpers, continually seeking to engage and bless our community and share the love of Jesus with them.
Joining our pastoral team and reporting to our Lead Pastor, we are seeking a full-time collaborative Worship Director who is passionate about living for Christ as they lead the worship ministry and join the Redeemer Family. The ideal Worship Director will be musically talented, gifted at singing and playing an instrument. They are energized by leading worship solo, as part of a team, or coordinating from behind the scenes. They have a heart for people, are happy to lend a hand and are committed to our mission to further God’s Kingdom.
What You’ll Do
- Provide overall leadership to the Worship Teams and Tech Crew to provide a great worship experience
- Develop a weekly worship experience for our Sunday Morning Worship Service and Youth night.
- Empower our youth to continue to lead their own worship services, and prepare them to eventually lead on Sunday Morning
- Lead worship on Sunday mornings at least once per team rotation. Depending on the number of teams, this typically ranges between once every 2 or 3 weeks
- Collaborate with the Lead Pastor, Worship Team Leaders, and other Ministry Leaders
- Oversee assigned budgets. Prepare and maintain an ongoing 5-year equipment purchase, upgrade, and maintenance financial plan
- Organizing & coordinating volunteers and the Lead Pastor for the purposes of the Sunday Morning Worship Service
- Coordinate the resolution of any tech problems that may arise before or during the Sunday Morning Worship Service
- Plan the Order of Service & prepare the logistics for every Sunday Morning Worship Service (This will involve coordinating with the Staff Team, volunteers, video editors, Worship Teams, etc.)
- Teach, train, and develop musicians and vocalists both musically and spiritually in preparation for serving in worship
Skills & Experience We Look For
We are searching for a candidate who has some degree of education and/or experience. What is critical, however, is that they are aware of the present trend in both worship music and technology and are willing to embrace new and creative ways of creating a meaningful worship experience for the Sunday Morning Worship Service.
- Licensed (or eligible to be licensed) by the Alliance in Canada
- Be knowledgeable, proficient, and keep up to date with ongoing advancements in technology and software that may assist the Worship Ministry
- Working knowledge of modern worship music and practices
- Skilled vocalist with ability to play an instrument concurrently
- Administrative & organizational skills, with the ability to delegate
- Patiently teach and train people of youth age and older in Worship Ministry
- Loves God and exhibits the fruit of the Holy Spirit in their life
- Loves people, is personable, and is able to connect well with people of all ages and backgrounds
- Supports and agrees with the Redeemer Alliance Vision, Mission & Values (“Who We Are”)
- Is focused on furthering the Kingdom of God
- Has a positive attitude, is humble and approachable
- Is compassionate, with a Christ-like heart
- Is emotionally and spiritually mature
- Is open to embrace and lead change
- Able to set and follow through on goals
Think This Could Be You?
Feel free to reach out with your resume by May 31st to Rev. Greg Baker, Lead Pastor.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 8258 ]