Tyndale University is delighted to bring the sounds of Christmas into the comfort of your own home! Joining the Tyndale Community Choir, Singers and Band are popular guest artists Laila Biali and Robert Pilon. Join us for this free livestream event graciously sponsored by Lazboy Furniture Galleries.
The Scott Mission was founded in 1941 by Rev. Morris and Mrs. Annie Zeidman as a non-denominational Christian organization. Each year, it offers practical, emotional, and spiritual support to thousands of people who are experiencing poverty and homelessness in the City of Toronto. The Mission is a community that continually seeks to be:
- centered in and dependent on Jesus Christ
- gracious, generous, and collaborative in our relationships
- servant hearted, innovative, and professional in our work
- rooted in God’s rescuing work in history
The Scott Mission’s vision prayer captures the heart of its goal: Poverty in full retreat, flourishing for all, in Toronto and beyond. The Mission is currently implementing a transformational, five-year strategic plan with the following objectives: increasing capacity and enhancing basic needs services, deepening clients’ transformational impact, multiplying partnerships, and offering spiritual leadership to Canadians. The Mission operates with a dedicated staff at four locations: 502 Spadina Avenue Toronto, its Family Centre in East York, the Collingwood Retreat Centre, and the Scott Mission Summer Camp in Caledon.
The Accounts Payable will be based in 502 Spadina Ave and will report to the Finance Manager. The Accounts Payable will be responsible for performing accounts payable duties, data entry, and other bookkeeping/filing duties in the Finance Department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform all aspects of the accounts payable duties including preparing, verifying, and entering of invoices in accordance with internal accounting policies
- Review purchase orders, statements and invoices to verify amount owed
- Handle weekly Accounts Payable cheques, wire transfers, direct payments, credit card processing and reports
- Maintain accurate filing system
- Maintain and reconcile accounts payable ledger and data for accurate vendor records
- Respond to vendor inquires and resolve any discrepancies in billings and payments
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience, enrolled in CPA program is an asset
- Post-Secondary diploma in accounting or business administration
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet the deadlines with strong attention to detail
- A self starter and a great team player
- Exceptional computer skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and QuickBooks
- Experience in Financial Edge NXT and Sage 300 is an asset
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume with cover letter to: email@example.com
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please. For more information about The Scott Mission, please visit: https://www.scottmission.com/employment-opportunities/
The Scott Mission welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Employment is conditional to results of Police Reference Check and satisfactory reference.
Posted Under: Accounting / Finance
Career ID: [ 8282 ]