Tyndale University is delighted to bring the sounds of Christmas into the comfort of your own home! Joining the Tyndale Community Choir, Singers and Band are popular guest artists Laila Biali and Robert Pilon. Join us for this free livestream event graciously sponsored by Lazboy Furniture Galleries.
Computer Education Facilitator
Computer Education Facilitator
Toronto, Ontario , M4K 2S3
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is the vibrant, local Christian development agency that is leading a collective movement- going beyond meeting immediate needs by offering holistic programs and a pathway that can transform the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto from merely surviving to thriving.
Our employees tell us one of the many reasons they love working at YSM is the people. We’re passionate about our work to help struggling neighbours move from merely surviving to thriving. If you’re looking for a great place where you can do meaningful and challenging work, this could be the opportunity for you.
YSM is seeking a full time Computer Education Facilitator. YSM provides excellent computer literacy classes that help increase the opportunity for success, in the lives of members of our community in three specific populations groups: Adults , Youth and Children. Your focus will be on the youth and adults. You will teach computer classes ranging from basic level courses to courses offered at a high level of instruction to youth and adults. Classes in digital animation, programming, website development, MS Office and Google Apps, internet use/safety and basic trouble shooting are taught, as well as one-time workshops on relevant topics in response to community needs. You will also participate in our Summer Day Camp for neighbourhood children, including a 4-night overnight camp.
The Computer Education Facilitator will
- Assess the computer literacy needs of youth and adults in the community in consultation with YSM staff, community members and stakeholders
- Teach computer classes to youth and adults that are creative, interactive, relevant and educational; utilizing YSM’s course curriculum and daily class outlines as a guide
- Assist with the graduation events that celebrate the achievement of students
- Understand motivational factors for adults and generate strategies to help overcome barriers
- Design computer courses that are relevant to all learners
- Build healthy, supportive relationships with individuals and families
- Conduct regular course evaluations and analyze results with focus on service improvement, utilizing YSM’s TIMES™ system and ETO software
- Connect with other agencies and network in the community to keep abreast of current trends and issues
- Maintain accurate and timely program records, budgets, statistics and reports
- Develop outreach strategies that target adult learners– create advertisements and flyers
- Assist with our Summer Day Camp program, with a focus on facilitating leadership training
- Strong, proven experience teaching in a classroom/workshop environment
- You are a quick study with a desire to learn and a teachable spirit
- Strong knowledge and confidence in using the MS Office Suite 2016 as well as competence with digital technology, programming, coding, editing (video/audio), animation and graphic design
- Basic knowledge of Apple computers is an asset
- Excellent customer service and experience with isolated adults experiencing financial barriers
- Leadership experience in a Day-Camp environment is an asset
- Enthusiasm for creative-transformative community programs
- Ability to work on a team with staff, student interns and volunteers is imperative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as multicultural and multifaith competency
- Excellent interpersonal skills, conflict resolution skills, a self-starter, strong organizational and admin. skills
- Must be available to work some evenings
- Police Record Check will be required / First aid training is an asset
- Demonstrated commitment to YSM’s principles of faith, mission and values
To apply, go to https://ysm.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=50 to submit your resume and cover letter.
Resume and cover letter should articulate your alignment with the above qualifications, and why YSM’s values, principles of faith and mission uniquely resonate with you.
While we appreciate all responses, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about The Yonge Street Mission by visiting our website: www.ysm.ca
Posted Under: Education
Career ID: [ 8283 ]