Tyndale University is delighted to bring the sounds of Christmas into the comfort of your own home! Joining the Tyndale Community Choir, Singers and Band are popular guest artists Laila Biali and Robert Pilon. Join us for this free livestream event graciously sponsored by Lazboy Furniture Galleries.
The Scott Mission was founded in 1941 by Rev. Morris and Mrs. Annie Zeidman as a non-denominational Christian organization. Each year, it offers practical, emotional, and spiritual support to thousands of people who are experiencing poverty and homelessness in the City of Toronto. The Mission is a community that continually seeks to be:
- centered in and dependent on Jesus Christ
- gracious, generous, and collaborative in our relationships
- servant hearted, innovative, and professional in our work
- rooted in God’s rescuing work in history
The Scott Mission’s vision prayer captures the heart of its goal: Poverty in full retreat, flourishing for all, in Toronto and beyond. The Mission is currently implementing a transformational, five-year strategic plan with the following objectives: increasing capacity and enhancing basic needs services, deepening clients’ transformational impact, multiplying partnerships, and offering spiritual leadership to Canadians. The Mission operates with a dedicated staff at four locations: 502 Spadina Avenue Toronto, its Family Centre in East York, the Collingwood Retreat Centre, and the Scott Mission Summer Camp in Caledon.
The Administrative Assistant will be based in 502 Spadina and reporting directly to the Chief Transformational Officer. The Administrative Assistant will play an integral role in providing day-to-day administrative support to the Chief Transformational Officer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take direction from and report to the Chief Transformational Officer on a daily basis
- Proactively manage CTO’s calendar, internal & external meetings and events including booking, event planning, catering, invitations, guest lists and executions
- Draft communications directly and on behalf of the CTO to the Board of Directors, staff, internal and external stakeholders
- Answer telephone, screen and log calls, take messages; prioritize conflicting needs and handles matters expeditiously, proactively and follow through on projects and presentations to successful completion
- Create compelling communications, written and oral in MS office apps
- Compile and produce various administrative correspondence including meeting minutes, CTO’s letters and emails, board documents, presentations, and meeting agendas etc.
- Prepare reports and analyses of special projects as assigned
- Maintain an organized filing system of electronic and letter documents in the CTO’s office
- Uphold and maintain strict adherence to matters of confidential nature
- Bachelor’s Degree, minimum 3 years of executive assistant experience; related programs certification is an asset
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and multi-task while maintaining commitment to deadlines
- Exceptional knowledge of Office 365, Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, One Drive
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally (both written and verbally) within all levels of the organization and with outside parties
- Proficient in MS office suite with excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision with an impeccable attendance record
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a strong work ethic
- Dependable, self-starter and a team player
- Great attention to detail with high level of integrity and discretion
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified. For more information about The Scott Mission, please visit: https://www.scottmission.com/employment-opportunities/
The Scott Mission welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Employment is conditional to results of Police Reference Check and satisfactory reference.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 8284 ]