Tyndale University is delighted to bring the sounds of Christmas into the comfort of your own home! Joining the Tyndale Community Choir, Singers and Band are popular guest artists Laila Biali and Robert Pilon. Join us for this free livestream event graciously sponsored by Lazboy Furniture Galleries.
The Scott Mission was founded in 1941 by Rev. Morris and Mrs. Annie Zeidman as a non-denominational Christian organization. Each year, it offers practical, emotional, and spiritual support to thousands of people who are experiencing poverty and homelessness in the City of Toronto. The Mission is a community that continually seeks to be:
- centered in and dependent on Jesus Christ
- gracious, generous, and collaborative in our relationships
- servant hearted, innovative, and professional in our work
- rooted in God’s rescuing work in history
The Scott Mission’s vision prayer captures the heart of its goal: Poverty in full retreat, flourishing for all, in Toronto and beyond. The Mission is currently implementing a transformational, five-year strategic plan with the following objectives: increasing capacity and enhancing basic needs services, deepening clients’ transformational impact, multiplying partnerships, and offering spiritual leadership to Canadians. The Mission operates with a dedicated staff at four locations: 502 Spadina Avenue Toronto, its Family Centre in East York, the Collingwood Retreat Centre, and the Scott Mission Summer Camp in Caledon.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Finance Manager will be responsible in overseeing the day-to-day financial operations within TSM, including producing financial reports and developing strategies based on financial research, and guiding senior management team in making sound decisions in the short and long term.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the day-to-day financial operations within TSM, including but not limited topayroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Supervise and give directions to finance department employees
- Track company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports, research and analyse financial reports and market trends
- Establish and maintain organizational wide financial policies and procedures to minimize financial risk
- Provide insightful informational and expectations to senior management to aid in decision making
- Present financial reports to stakeholders, executives, and board members in formal meetings
- Educate and stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software
- Ensure all protocols and procedures are in compliance and adhere to financial regulations and legislations
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA and/or Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting is preferred
- 5 years or more of progressive accounting or finance experience in a not for profit setting is preferred; knowledge in Financial Edge NXT and Sage 300 is an asset
- Experience managing employees in a supervisory role
- Audit experience with a strong command of generally accepted accounting principles
- Expertise in financial systems and reporting/technical accounting skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, superb organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines in fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and coordinate simultaneously; manage multiple projects and handle last minute requests and deadlines with high level of quality and productivity
- High learning agility, strong leadership, strategic agility, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong problem solving skills, willingness to be hands-on and dive into detailed, tactical execution of the accounting responsibilities
- Ability to communicate effectively oral and written
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume with cover letter to: email@example.com
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please. For more information about The Scott Mission, please visit: https://www.scottmission.com/employment-opportunities/
The Scott Mission welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Employment is conditional to results of Police Reference Check and satisfactory reference.
Posted Under: Accounting / Finance
Career ID: [ 8285 ]