Website Content Coordinator will work as part of the Marketing & Communications team in the development and management of website content, primarily for the purpose of marketing Tyndale. Content management tasks include creating new content pages, editing existing content, creating or editing images...
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Victoria, British Columbia , V8T 0A2
An executive search conducted by Nelson/Kraft and Associates.
The Cridge Centre for the Family seeks an experienced Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to provide overall leadership, direction and administration in accordance with the Strategic Plan and in alignment with the Vision, Mission, Values and Purpose of the organization. This position requires an individual with a deep commitment to rendering aid and service to children, adults and families by providing support, housing, education and community to restore hope and a future to those overcoming the challenges before them.
Providing excellence in support, housing, education and community, we work together to restore hope and a future to those overcoming the challenges before them.
Consistent with the principles taught by Jesus Christ and seeking to manifest His love, we commit to rendering aid and service to children, adults and families by:
- Providing childcare to children in the community through supervised, structured programs to help their personal development, and to advance education by operating programs and activities.
- Assisting women and children who have experienced family violence and abuse move from crisis and instability to self-sufficiency, personal safety and stability by providing them with support programs such as transitional housing, counselling, support groups, and access to other community services.
- Relieving poverty by providing low and moderate income families with affordable housing and programs to support them with life necessities.
- Promoting health and wellbeing by providing respite services and resources to families of children with disabilities.
- Promoting health and wellbeing by providing survivors of brain injury with housing and other support services to enable them to achieve their highest possible level of independent living, including assistance in daily tasks, health management, skills training, employment opportunities, and community involvement.
- Relieving conditions attributable to being aged by providing specially adapted residential accommodation, incidental facilities, and support to seniors.
- Providing youth in need who are young parents or at risk of homelessness with supports, mentoring and resources including counselling and advocacy to ensure their basic needs are met and to enable them to pursue education, employment and safe, affordable housing.
- Undertaking activities ancillary and incidental to the attainment of the above charitable purposes.
The Role Description
Overview of Responsibilities:
The CEO implements the policies and strategic directions approved by the Board and is responsible for both operational planning and operational management of The Cridge Centre for the Family. The CEO is accountable to the Board of Directors for both the short term and long-term effectiveness and viability of the organization. In a written commitment letter, the CEO will subscribe to the values of The Cridge Centre for the Family, including: Statement of Faith, Purpose Statement and Vision, Mission and Values Statements of The Cridge Centre for the Family.
The CEO is charged with primary responsibility for:
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to achieve the vision, goals and outcomes defined by the Board.
- Developing, organizing and allocating the financial, human and physical resources of the organization to achieve defined outcomes.
- Monitoring, motivating, evaluating and improving staff and volunteer performance with individuals and team projects. The Cridge managment team reports to the CEO to coordinate all human resource functions for staff, including hiring, discipline, evaluation, compensation and collective agreement negotiations.
- Facilitating a healthy and stimulating work environment designed to bring out the best in staff and volunteers.
- Enhancing the image, profile and reputation of the organization; developing strong relationships and alliances with key supporters, stakeholder organizations, and consumer groups; marketing programs and services.
- Ensuring that the organization is in compliance with all safety and security standards, contractual obligations, statutory and accountability requirements.
- Implementing asset protection and risk management.
- Maintaining familiarity with all legislation, collective agreements, manuals, policies and procedures that govern the programs, finances and general operations of The Cridge. This includes oversight and approval of internal policies.
The CEO is also required to assist the Board in its endeavours to provide exceptional governance leadership to the organization which includes:
- Supporting Board development and evaluation within the policy governance framework.
- Helping the Board monitor changing community needs and related trends to ensure service relevance.
- Advising the Board as it develops the guiding policies of the organization (mission, vision, values, outcomes, strategic priorities).
- A minimum of a bachelor degree in a relevant field of study or an acceptable combination of relevant education & experience.
- Five years experience as CEO or ten years experience in progressive leadership roles with a large multi-faceted charitable social service organization.
- Experience in negotiating with both government and union entities.
- Evidence of strong skills related to leadership, financial management, communications/marketing, and fund development strategies.
- Evidence of ability to work cooperatively with volunteers, all levels of staff, boards and community partners.
- Ability to plan, monitor and evaluate programs and budgets.
- Ability to organize, plan and implement activities appropriate to future goals as it relates to Strategic Planning.
- Demonstrated experience in organizational change and growth.
An applicant for the CEO position will also be measured against the following personal criteria, and will be expected to possess the following, while employed by the Board as CEO:
- Strong commitment towards community service.
- Natural enjoyment of working with people.
- Commitment to a fair and equitable workplace.
- Ability to pass regular Criminal Record Checks.
- Maintain a current First Aid and a current CPR Certificate.
- Personal commitment to the mandate of each program at The Cridge Centre for the Family.
- Personally affirm the organization’s Statement of Faith as noted in the By-Laws.
Location: Victoria, BC
Application Deadline: February 16, 2021
Start Date: July 2021 or sooner
To start a confidential inquiry or to apply, please contact Mark Kraft at firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sector. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: Executive
Career ID: [ 8397 ]