Port Sydney, Ontario , P0B 1L0
- Job Title: Nursing Student
- Reports To: Volunteer Coordinator
- Position Period: June 21- August 31, 2021 (dates are flexible)
- Position Location: Huntsville, ON
- Honorarium: $350/week
Camp Mini-Yo-We is a summer camp and year-round retreat centre with a mission to develop tomorrow’s leaders through life-changing adventures in God’s creation. As part of the Medical Team, your primary goal will be to provide the best possible care for our campers, staff and volunteers. In this role you will support the volunteers on our medical team by providing consistency from week to week, weekend relief, and expertise in Camp’s medical database, policy and procedures.
- Supporting Summer Staff – Working with the summer team to reduce visits to First Aid by providing coaching and supplies. Our goal is for Sections Heads to be the first stop for campers who are homesick or have minor injuries.
- Supporting Adult Volunteers – Working with the Volunteer Coordinator to care for the adult volunteers serving each week. To provide them with a great volunteer experience both while serving campers and on time off.
- Database Knowledge – Develop a good understanding of the Medical Module in our camper database. Train and support volunteers as they learn the system.
- Supplies – Track medical supplies at First Aid Stations and in first aid kits around the facility. Re-order as needed.
- Policy & Procedures – Promoting adherence to Camp’s policies and procedures. Working to help develop policies and procedures and keep them up to date.
- Clinics & Medication – Support adult volunteers in providing care during clinic hours and the administration of daily medication for campers and staff.
- Weekend Transitions – Ensure a smooth transition each weekend between the medical staff leaving and the new ones arrive.
- Provide medication for changeover campers on Saturday
- Meet with new nurses to show them to their accommodation, provide a site tour and answer any questions as they settle in.
- Organize and tidy the First Aid buildings to provide easy transition
- Competent in basic office administration procedures, telephone etiquette, customer service, and computer skills. Specifically, you should be comfortable working in Microsoft Word and Excel, able to use Google products (Gmail, etc.) as well as willing to learn how to use CampBrain – our database system.
- Quick learner who is eager to develop new skills and grow as an individual
- Self-motivated as seen in taking initiative to being responsible for assigned tasks
- Well organized as seen in planning ahead, anticipating needs and prioritizing tasks
- Mature and trustworthy; able to understand confidentiality laws and responsibilities, particularly in regards to an individual’s medical history, medication, etc.
- Be a Christian demonstrating a mature attitude of servant leadership, while having a heart for children and young people.
- Be a student or recent graduate from a nursing degree program.
- Have a servant attitude, being both helpful to all and committed to “community”; the person in this role must be flexible and willing to pitch in and assist as part of the team.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with parents/guardians, children, staff and guests.
- Present an upbeat and pleasant personality with a helpful attitude towards all.
- Be a teachable person of integrity.
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Adult Volunteers and Seasonal Staff
- Summer Directors
Conditions of Work and Benefits:
- You will be provided an honorarium of $350/week, a shared accommodation on site as well as all your meals while employed.
- You will be provided 1 day off a week while employed.
- Must agree to and accept the Camp Mini-Yo-We Statement of Faith and the General Staff Guidelines as published in the Summer Staff Manual.
Find Out More & Apply:
If you have any questions about this position please contact Spencer Tamming the Shared Services Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 705-385-2629.
You can apply online at www.campmyw.com/staff-application.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 8404 ]