Richmond Hill, Ontario , L4B 3K7
ICALC Learning Centre is an international Christian school. We provide high-quality academic support to students from grades 1 to 12. We are currently looking for a part-time debate coach who can teach public speaking and debating for our students
What we offer
- Competitive pay
- Various resources and support to teachers
- Develop the curriculum outline and course content independently, making the lessons creative and engaging
- Hold weekly classes (usually in the afternoon)
- Assign and correct homework that improves the students’ debate skills
- Help students to learn how to organize and express their ideas effectively
- Teach students to deliver short speeches and class presentations similar to what they would be asked to do in school.
Note: Right now, our classes are all moved online. However, we will return to the in-class learning in the future when the Toronto Public Health approves. Priorities will be given to those candidates who can teach the classes in person in the future.
Academic and Other Qualifications
- Must be a native speaker of English
- Strong experience with British Parliamentary and Canadian Parliamentary debating (please indicate this in your resume or cover letter)
- Past teaching experiences with younger kids (age 8-13)
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, responsible, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also note that while we appreciate your interest in the position, only applicants who are chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Education
Career ID: [ 8430 ]