President/CEO – Power to Change
President/CEO – Power to Change
Langley, British Columbia , V2Y 1N5
An Executive Search conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of P2C.
Power to Change is seeking a new President/CEO who is passionate about evangelism, championing a God-centered vision and has a desire to live out their Christian faith, beliefs and values while utilizing their God-given gifts and abilities. Reporting to the Board, the President of P2C provides leadership to the organization in areas of strategy, mission growth, revenue development and team leadership. The President is responsible for developing and directing the overall ministry of P2C Canada.
Who We Are
Power to Change is a family of ten ministries and one humanitarian partner, each with unique ways to make a difference in people’s lives. Over 450 staff and hundreds of volunteers across Canada are engaged in the same original mission – help individuals know Jesus.
We help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world.
Executive Leadership Competencies
- Spiritual Leader: Your relationship with Christ is a central priority for you and it’s evident in how you lead and interact with others. The fruit of your faith is attractive and inspires others to deepen and mature in their walk with God.
- Mission and Purpose Driven: You operate with confidence and a clear understanding of the ‘why’ behind everything you do. This strong sense of purpose infuses your work with focus, clarity and grit.
- Inspirational: You demonstrate your commitment and passion in every meeting, presentation and interaction. You motivate people and teams to aim high and hold them accountable to the results.
- Smart and Thoughtful: You’ve got business smarts and people smarts. You see the big picture, think through complexities, have strong emotional intelligence, tap into the expertise of your team, and know when to pull the trigger on decisions.
- People Developer: You help your team set goals, celebrate wins, and grow personally and professionally. You do not lose sight of people for the job at hand, and you have a track record of raising up leaders.
- Visionary Entrepreneur: Potential is your middle name. You see possibility and drive towards that vision. You aren’t afraid to take risks and own your mistakes, all while motivating the people around you towards your collective goals.
- Providing Strategic Vision and Leadership (50%), The President
- Provides overarching inspirational leadership, as well as spiritual and functional direction to the executives, leaders, ministries, staff and volunteers of the ministry towards the fulfillment of the mission and vision of P2C while ensuring the continued development and management of a professional and efficient organization through establishing effective and efficient decision-making process resource stewardship, which will enable P2C to achieve its long and short-term goals and objectives.
- While providing leadership to the organization, works collaboratively with the Executive Leadership Team and the Board of Directors to refine and implement the strategic plan while ensuring that the budget, staff and priorities are aligned with the core mission, vision and values of P2C.
- Cultivates a strong and transparent working relationship with the Board of Directors and ensures open communication about the measurement of financial, programmatic, and impact performance against stated milestones and goals.
- In the area of development (50%), the President
- Ensures that the flow of funds permits P2C to make continuous progress towards the achievement of its mission and vision and that those funds are allocated properly to reflect present needs and future potential.
- Connects with current and potential major donors to the ministry; maintaining and developing relationships with them and presenting opportunities for them to partner in ministry through their time, influence, finances, and expertise.
- Collaborates on marketing, branding and development strategies, which will ensure consistency throughout the organization and enhance revenue from major donors, foundations, government agencies, and corporations.
- Oversees the financial status of the organization including developing long and short-range financial plans, monitoring the budget and ensuring sound financial controls are in place; sets financial priorities accurately to ensure the organization is operating in a manner that supports the needs of the ministry and its staff.
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to evangelism and discipleship.
- Proven track record of delivering excellence and building efficiencies into the organizations you have led.
- Excellent interpersonal skills working with a wide range of stakeholders, partners, and other ministries.
- Ability to engage open-mindedly with the never-ending changes in a post-Christian culture.
- Able to delegate effectively, hold others accountable and make difficult decisions.
- Mature Christian servant leader - theological training is an asset.
- Demonstrated advanced critical, innovative, and creative thinking.
- Strong personal faith, spiritual maturity and leadership; demonstrates a “confident humility.”
- Expertise in enterprise organizational leadership, including strategic planning and vision.
- Proven experience and success with ministry growth (both deep and wide), growth mindset.
- Polished public persona, including strong speaking and presentation skills.
- Skilled in bridging the Board’s role and the Executive Leadership Team’s role, cultivating strong Board relations and aligning with the Board’s vision.
Location: Langley, BC
Application Deadline: February 23, 2021
Start Date: TBD
To start a confidential inquiry or to apply, please contact Mark Kraft at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sector. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: Executive
Career ID: [ 8433 ]