Part-time Worship Director
Part-time Worship Director
Newmarket, Ontario , L3Y 3H4
Grace Church, located in Newmarket, Ontario, in the northern part of the Greater Toronto Area, is prayerfully seeking God’s help in leading us to hire a Part-Time Worship Director. We are a gathering of believers engaged in loving God and loving His Church, carrying out the vision: “To be a family of followers of Jesus Christ from all walks of life, committed to Biblical teaching, discipleship, prayer and worship; showing those in our community and beyond the love of Christ, all for the Glory of God.”
The Worship Director will be responsible to develop, provide training, and oversee an effective worship & music ministry at Grace Church.
The Worship Director will…
- Have a clearly articulated personal testimony and call to ministry.
- Subscribe wholeheartedly to the Articles of Faith and Doctrine of the AGC and the By-laws, vision, mission, and policies of Grace Church.
- Have ministry experience that has demonstrated the blessing of the Holy Spirit.
- Have demonstrated leadership ability and be able to work well with other staff and ministry volunteers.
- Maintain a spiritual walk with Jesus through prayer and personal study of God’s Word.
- Have the ability to play a lead musical instrument (guitar/piano etc.) and lead congregational worship.
- Working knowledge of AV equipment would be an asset.
Work along with the staff, Elders, and ministry leaders to promote a healthy, growing ministry within Grace Church that promotes worship, fellowship, outreach, and discipleship within the congregation and extending into the surrounding community.
- coordinate Sunday morning worship services including:
- appropriate song selection considering sermon theme or seasonal themes
- assemble volunteer worship team members & AV team through Planning Centre and personal contact
- personally lead Sunday morning corporate worship
- coordinate worship segments in conjunction with other Grace staff for special services during Christmas, Easter, outreach or other events.
- coordinate practices as required to ensure adequate preparation for Sunday services
- arrange for back-up worship leadership in your absence
- recruit new worship team members; mentor existing team members to encourage them to utilize their gifts and continue to strive for excellence in worship leadership
- recruit and coordinate training of additional AV/sound support members
- attend staff meetings as scheduled and contribute with a positive attitude to encourage other staff
- develop a positive relationship with all worship team, sound and AV volunteers
- meet with Lead Pastor as scheduled
The Worship Director reports directly to the Lead Pastor and indirectly to the Elders of Grace Church
This is a part-time, contract position of 10 hrs/week. The following is a suggested allocation of time:
- Sunday worship services (including pre-service practice) – 3.5 hrs
- Practices – 2.5 hrs
- Staff meetings & related activities – 2 hrs
- Service prep, research, other admin – 2 hrs
Remuneration will be determined based on ministry experience.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 8441 ]