English Mission Purpose Pastor
English Mission Purpose Pastor
Richmond Hill, Ontario , L4C 9X9
Richmond Hill Christian Community Church (RHCCC) is a Purpose-Driven church to carry out the five functions of the New Testament Church: Worship, Fellowship, Discipleship, Ministry, and Mission. We are a multi-cultural, multi-generational, and multilingual evangelical church which ministers in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin.
The Mission Pastor fulfills the mandate as described within the Mission Purpose of the RHCCC Intentional Discipleship Pathway. The goal is to mobilize every member on mission to live out the good news of Jesus to those near and far.
This position works under the direction of both the Mission Purpose Lead Pastor and the English People Lead Pastor. Though mainly focusing on developing ministries within the English-speaking congregants, this is a 3M (1) role that requires the person to work with congregants from other language ministries.
BRING THEM IN: This role will provide leadership in the area of evangelism, collaborating with the Worship Pastor and the Fellowship Pastor to reach out to the community, bringing the people into the Crowd, and help them to receive Christ as Lord, becoming part of the Congregation (member).
SEND THEM OUT: This role also focuses on helping congregants who have identified their S.H.A.P.E. to live on mission (Commissioned). Encourages and champions the church to take part in the Great Commission through the P.E.A.C.E. Plan (2):
- Multi-generational, multilingual, multicultural.
- The PEACE Plan addresses the five big problems of the world (Spiritual emptiness; self-serving leadership; poverty; disease; and illiteracy) by Planting churches that promote hope; equipping servant leaders; Assisting the poor; caring for the sick; and educating the next generation.
- Committed Christ-follower who feels a call by God into missional ministry
- Desires to help the congregation, the unchurched, local and global communities encounter and grow in Christ
- Demonstrates organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to work with people from different cultures/ speak different languages.
- Ability to mobilize people and coach teams.
- Have established connections or ability to build connections with the local community
- Proficiency in English (helpful knowing Cantonese and/or Mandarin)
- Willing to be part of RHCCC 3M team and family, including being a full participant and member of a small group.
Education and Experience
- MDiv. from Accredited Seminary or equivalent.
- 3 years’ experience working with churches and faith-based organizations to do Community Outreach. Gifted in mobilization.
General RHCCC Qualifications
(S) Evangelism, encouragement, discernment, mercy, training-teaching
(H) Loves the lost, excited by life-change, world changer, global outreach focused
(A) Speaking skills, communicator, confident without disrespecting others
(P) Courageous, encouraging, patient, resourceful, problem solver, obedient
(E) Defender of the faith, clear testimony, believes that every Christian should be on mission
Duties and responsibilities
- Co-ordinate evangelistic events within the English People Group.
Equipping Individuals & Fellowship Groups to Evangelize:
- Teach, train and equip personal evangelism.
- Collaborate with the Fellowship Pastor to mobilize the fellowship groups to reach out and share the Gospel with others.
Welcoming Guest on Sunday:
- Collaborate with the Worship Pastor to provide the Sunday experience that is welcoming to all guests.
- Rally every member on Mission.
- Promote and champion local and global PEACE projects/activities within the English people group.
- Align our congregation and Mission Partners to work under PEACE Plan principles and core values.
- Teach Essentials 4 Primer.
- Oversee local PEACE projects.
- Develop, train, and support PEACE teams.
- Build partnerships with different organizations from local communities.
- Lead/Participate in Global PEACE Mission.
- Teach Purpose Driven Healthy Church Trainings.
- Assist with the creation of training and process documentation for RHCCC owned PEACE Mission.
Working conditions: Regular office hours, evening, and weekend duty
Physical requirements: N/A
Direct reports to this position: None
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 8448 ]