National Widow to Widow Ministry Leader
National Widow to Widow Ministry Leader
Power to Change (P2C) seeks to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. We envision millions of volunteers engaged in faith adventures that transform lives through the power of the gospel. You can be a part of this movement of change by applying your skills in P2C Ministries.
Connecting Streams equips and mobilizes the Church to help society’s vulnerable populations know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. Through partnerships and teams, we build trusting relationships that foster faith and hope.
The National Widow to Widow Ministry Leader will develop, support, and resource a leadership team who together with them will equip and mobilize believers to reach out intentionally to those who have lost their spouse/partner.
- Ministry: Connecting Streams
- Location: Any Location
- Reports to: National Training & Leadership Development Manager
- Casting Vision/Establishing Strategic Plan
- Work with the Widow to Widow Ministry Leadership Team to create and implement a strategic plan. Cast and implement vision, setting the direction of the ministry
- Oversee the formulation of ministry tools and strategy development including the creation of a transferable model of the Widow to Widow ministry.
- Develop new strategies and avenues for Widow to Widow ministry working to expand to cities in Canada
- Work with the National Training and Leadership Development team to develop and implement strategic plan and achieve objectives
- Staff and Volunteer Leadership and Development
- Recruit, develop, and support the Widow to Widow Leadership Team
- Support Widow to Widow Ministry Leaders in conflict management/problem solving
- Coach/mentor Widow to Widow Ministry Leaders regularly
- Learn and develop with National Training & Leadership Development Team, share resources, encourage and equip each other, and share expertise
- Attend all local CS Training, Celebration and meeting events specific to Widow to Widow Ministry
- Conduct ministry reviews and evaluations with Widow to Widow Leadership Team
- Help mentor/coach City Leaders in developing/implementing new Widow to Widow ministries
- Intentionally pray for your team regularly
- Spokesperson for the Ministry
- Act as a liaison and represent Connecting Streams with volunteers, organizations, agencies, and events
- Brainstorm with National Training and Leadership Development Team to develop new Widow to Widow ministry opportunities
- Share vision to help churches/individuals/organizations engage in Widow to Widow ministry
- Initiate and cultivate connections and partnership
- Speak at and teach workshops on mobilizing people for Widow to Widow ministry
- Financial Management
- Responsible for the wise stewardship of W2W finances
- Authorize expenses for each group
- Collect and submit all donations from W2W women and payments (for events - banquets, Spring Getaway) to P2C
- Submit all reimbursement, accounts payable and honorarium requests to P2C
- Report income and expense figures back to each W2W group annually or as requested
- Thank financial supporters regularly
- Answer questions from individual W2W women or groups about W2W finances
Required Skills & Abilities
- A deep, growing, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to use Google Suite or equivalent
- Administrative skills, personally organized, good steward of time
- Self-motivated, team builder, able to work independently
- A genuine desire to see people’s lives transformed by Jesus
- Able to cast vision and lead others in developing a strategic plan
- Skill in public speaking in small and large gatherings
- Skill in leading people spiritually regardless of spiritual context
- Ability to relate well with Churches and other Christian Organizations
- Education and Experience:
- 5+ years ministry/work related experience
This position requires Ministry Partner Development where the successful candidate will be required to build a team which provides financial and prayer support for salary and ministry expenses including benefits coverage.
Where the candidate is able to be financially independent, they may volunteer for this position with the expectation that they will serve as associate staff (minimum 25 hours).
A growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined in these documents.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change; however, only candidates who closely match the requirements will be contacted directly. Candidates who are selected may be required to complete a background check.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 8459 ]