Richmond Hill, Ontario , L4C 9X9
Richmond Hill Christian Community Church (RHCCC) is an evangelical church with 35 years of history serving in the Richmond Hill and Greater Toronto Area. Our congregation is over 4,000 people and in three different languages, Cantonese, English and Mandarin. To learn more about RHCCC, visit rhccc.ca.
You will play a pivotal role in leading the day-to-day church operations. You and your team will have direct responsibility for setting the direction, driving collaboration and ongoing optimization in ministry planning, execution & reporting, human resources management, general operations including facility management, audio-visual support services and procurement.
You will partner with a wide range of pastoral and volunteer teams to operationalize a strong collaboration culture with the goal to optimize team’s performance and to maintain church unity.
You will report to the Executive Pastor and will lead a team of 19+ people.
What Will You Do?
- Support the implementation of church’s vision, mission & ministry plan set by pastoral leadership team on overall church management
- Ministry planning and coordination
- Attend and contribute to the pastoral leadership team meeting to support the planning and coordination of church-wide ministries
- Lead regular meeting with Ministry Support Team (i.e. Planning Team, Execution Team and Reporting Team) to contribute to ministry planning and coordination
- Attend and contribute to the cross functional Central Administration Team meeting with Technology, Church Communication and Finance on ministry planning and coordination
Human Resource Management
- Implement Human Resources policies and best practices
- Cultivate a collaborative, high performance staff team including leadership development and succession management
- Coordinate staff recruitment, performance management and staff exit interview
- Promote staff health & wellness
General Operation Management
- Ensure the church facilities provide an optimal environment for ministries
- Mitigate risk, legal liability of the church with compliance to risk management policies, insurance coverage, incidence reporting and management and security system monitoring
- Oversee facility improvement projects
- Ensure Audio Visual support services to meet online & onsite ministry needs at optimum standards
- Achieve cost efficiencies through effective procurement practices
What Do You Need to Excel?
- A mature Christian and commit to the philosophy, values, mission and Tenents of Faith of RHCCC
- Matured and people-oriented servant leadership with excellent collaboration, team development, communication, planning, critical thinking, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage, inspire and engage staff and volunteers at all levels and ensure accountability for performance and results
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and develop relationship with all stakeholders/decision makers among staff, pastoral and volunteer teams
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize works collaboratively in a cross-functional and matrixed environment
- 7+ years of leadership experience in a large private, public or non-profit organization
- Demonstrated ability to innovate, initiate, facilitate and implement change in an organization with multiple set of operations and diverse stakeholders
- Role model and support RHCCC’s core values, purposes and cultivate the cultures we need to excel in the immediate and long term
- Besides English, good command of spoken and written Mandarin/Cantonese is an asset
- Good understanding of RHCCC's values and culture is an asset
Your regular office hours are on weekdays, but you are expected to be made available for meetings in evenings and weekends when required.
You will report to the Executive Pastor and have the following direct reports:
- Ministry Support Team (whole team)
- General Operations: Facility Manager, Audio Visual Manager as direct reports and their teams as indirect reports
- Human Resources Management (in partnership with the HR Committee)
Posted Under: Management
Career ID: [ 8582 ]