Programs Coordinator - Summit Camps 2021
Programs Coordinator - Summit Camps 2021
Richmond Hill, Ontario , L4E0K3
Job Duration: May 3rd 2021 - July 30th 2021 (13 weeks) - Full-time
Pay Rate: TBA
Reporting To: Priscila Pascoal, Children’s Pastor
Summit Camps 2021 is a summer camp experience at Summit Community Church. It exists to guide children to know and intentionally follow Jesus Christ through connections with experienced and well-trained camp staff, as well as epic camp programming. Summit Community Church is a member of the Christian & Missionary Alliance whose mission is to guide people to know and intentionally follow Jesus Christ. Working with this ministry is more than just a job. It is a commitment to be a part of a team working towards the same vision of becoming a family of loving communities that intentionally follow Jesus Christ and sacrificially expresses His transforming presence in our world.
Timeline of Tasks
The position of Summit Camps 2020 Programs Coordinator is a full-time position starting May 3rd 2021 until July 30th 2021.
May - June
- Work with the Children’s Pastor in the recruitment and training of camp staff and LITs (Leaders in Training)
- Lending administrative support where needed
- Communicating with parents (guardians), campers and staff
- Overseeing the plans for electives and all camp programming.
July 5th - July 16th
- Oversee and direct the programming of the camp (including electives and large group games) in conjunction with the rest of the camp staff.
For the Remaining Time
- Required to write a descriptive report on the overall camp experience, a detailed explanation of all the camps activities and future recommendations.
- Organization and storage of all camp supplies and materials.
This is a leadership position that will shape our summer experience for campers, families and camp staff during our Summit Camps 2021 camp weeks.
- In conjunction with the camp staff, the programs coordinator will ensure the effective operation of all camp programs on a day-to-day basis during camp weeks
- Supervision and ongoing training of volunteers, camp staff and LITs
- Implementation and upholding of safe practices to ensure camper and staff safety before, during and after camp hours
- Successful coordination and managing of camp electives, activities and care programs
- Overseeing the a Family BBQ Celebration days to close each camp week.
- Maintain the function of all Summit Camps 2021 programs in conjunction with Summit’s staff and camp staff
- Communicate with parents (guardians) and campers before, during and after camp programs
- Collaborate with the Children’s Pastor in the recruitment, training and assigning of volunteers, camp staff and LITs to be well equip in their roles
- Identify camper intellectual, dietary and/or medical needs where applicable, and communicate with parents (guardians) to ensure the child receives informed care for a quality camp experience
- Monitor camper safety and behaviours to prevent accidents and enforce compliance with camp rules
- Oversee a Family BBQ Celebration days to close each camp week
- Work with staff to plan and implement volunteer, camp staff and LIT appreciation days
- Practice good stewardship of Summit Community Church grounds and resources by inspecting Summit Camps equipment and maintaining clean facilities and program areas
- Support planning and participate in all camp related meetings, including an emergency procedures and First Aid training day
- Identify, solve and report any incidents or health and safety concerns to the Children’s Pastor.
Administration & Communication Responsibilities
- Manage the camp email account, replying to all camper, parent (guardian), camp staff and volunteer inquires
- Ensure the completion of all relevant camper medical and registration forms
- Manage staff and camper evaluations after camp weeks
- Acquire and distribute Tax Forms to families upon the completion of Summit Camps 2021 camp weeks
- Grade 12 and/or post-secondary (or equivalent) experience
- Preferably, prior experience working in a camp environment or with children
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Possesses an engaging, enthusiastic and energetic personality
- Skilled in organization, communication and time management
- Versed in conflict resolution with the ability to mediate challenging circumstances
- Displays authentic vulnerability and matured responsibility
- Proof of clearance (must acquire a Vulnerability Sector Check)
- First Aid certification preferred (but not mandatory)
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Priscila Pascoal via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 8599 ]