Position: Financial Analyst
Starting Date: ASAP
Work Location: 502 Spadina Ave
The Financial Analyst will work with the finance team and departments cross-functionally to coordinate and consolidate financial reporting, forecasting, planning and financial and operational analysis for all applicable departments and functions. The Financial Analyst will be a dynamic individual and is a responsible self-starter, who is detail-oriented with strong analytical and communication skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the financial reporting and forecasting process for results, forecasts, budgets and long-range planning
- Understand the organization by becoming the subject matter expert on revenues, expenses and key performance metrics across the organization
- Partner with cross-functional teams to consolidate an overall full P&L view for the responsible functions and projects
- Provide monthly and quarterly detailed financial and operational reports comparing actuals to budget/forecast and providing analysis on variances
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of information
- Provide continuous improvement to reporting and analysis processes
- Regulatory assessments, submissions, documentation
- Support the annual external audit and other related duties as assigned
Required Experience & Education
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) preferred; or completed CFA formal education and the common final examination
- Minimum 1 year of experience in financial planning and analysis
- Excellent analytical skills including variance analysis and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with great autonomy
- Ability to multi-task and work with cross functional teams
- In-depth knowledge of general accounting practices, analysis and accounting principles
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey financial analysis and metrics to senior management
- Strong working knowledge and proficiency in MS Office applications (notably Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong organizing and planning skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure, manage a number of projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Previous experience with a not-for-profit, new software implementation an asset
- Excellent speaking, writing and listening skills
A combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the responsibilities of this position may be considered in lieu of stated education and experience requirements.
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume with cover letter to: email@example.com
The Scott Mission welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Employment is conditional to results of Police Reference Check and satisfactory reference.
Posted Under: Accounting / Finance
Career ID: [ 8619 ]