Miramichi, New Brunswick , E1V1N5
We are a multi-site church based out of Miramichi, NB with a second location in Bathurst, NB and a growing online community.
We have 7 core values as a church:
- We value celebration over ceremony - we’re passionate, excited, and inspired! Our gatherings are not about formality, but about authenticity.
- We value relationships over rituals - we were built for a relationship with Jesus, and we need real relationships with each other.
- We value progress over preference- we can have change without growth, but we can’t have growth without change. Things change here all the time and we’re hoping you are ready for change too!
- We value an outward focus over an inward one - Jesus was all about others and He challenges us to be others focused as well.
- We value serving over sitting - we were created to do good works, and we believe the best way to serve God is by serving others.
- We value giving over keeping - we believe we could never out give God and that we are blessed to be a blessing. We see that the more we let go of, release, and give, the more blessings come our way!
- We value identifying what we’re for over what we’re against- we know there are terrible things out there, but we don’t want to give the evils of this world all the attention. We want to be known first for what we are for (Romans 8:31, Romans 5:8).
“We’re Building People, by helping them take their next step in reaching their full God-given potential.”
About the City of Miramichi
We would love to have you consider joining us on the Mighty Miramichi where we have world class salmon and bass fishing, boating and paddling on the river, beautiful beaches and walking trails, and many summer festivals.
Take a look at the 2020 Tour Guide to learn more about what all happens in the Miramichi.
This person must be a gifted and passionate Worship Pastor who can pastor both the worship team and the church. They should be able to direct a band and speak to how worship is translated throughout the entire service and also lead worship in different ways outside of the weekly service. Must be flexible, organized and able to develop volunteers. Must have good interpersonal skills to communicate with various ministries. Must be passionate about development and hungry for growth. Should have a passion for developing and raising new worship leaders, intentional about engaging the next generation, with a proven track record and obvious results. This person must be all about seeing teams and people win, not building personal success.
- Bring new depth, understanding, relevance, and execution to The Point’s Worship experiences (accomplish goals).
- Build teams (band members and audio/visual tech team).
- Mentor and develop young worship leaders with the goal of quality, spirit led, worship.
- Partner with the tech director to build and train tech teams.
- Support the Worship Team with administrative needs.
- Cultivate a leadership development environment on all Point Church worship teams; teach, champion, measure, and expect development.
- Be accessible and approachable.
- Continuously learn and grow in leadership and spirituality.
- Oversee the service elements at all Point Church sites.
- Oversee audio/visual needs and budget.
- Give leadership/assistance to online production of worship components.
- Other items as discussed and as needed from time to time.
- Have a heart for God and for people
- A servant hearted leader who includes, developes, encourages and builds people
- Gets excited to see people grow in their relationship with God through worship
- Outgoing, approachable, trustworthy
- Self - Starter
- Gifted communicator and musician
- Strong leadership abilities (with a track record of developing effective teams/musicians)
- Able to accomplish tasks through delegation
- Organized and detail oriented
- Music education background would be an asset
Terms of Employment
- This position is a full time position.
- This individual will become a member of The Point Church.
- This individual will have a criminal record check and complete The Point Church Child Protection Policy. If a prior criminal record is revealed, it may result in a reconsideration of this person’s application.
Please send us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include a link to a video of you leading worship through song.
You will be contacted if we need more information or are seeking to move you further in the application process.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 8642 ]