Pastor of Worship
Pastor of Worship
Cambridge, Ontario , N1R 5S4
This part-time position (10 hrs) is for someone who has demonstrated a clear desire for the local church, a clear passion for Jesus Christ, and shares a heart for matters of worship. This pastoral position is responsible for overseeing and organizing all aspects of ‘worship’ within the church in cooperation with the Lead Pastor and Board of Deacons.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Create and implement a worship program that includes worship teams(s), works with the choir as needed, and instrumentalists and brings the musical aspect of worship into the current musical culture. Our musical time of worship should invite others in, should not be a turn-off.
- Provide leadership to said worship team(s).
- Oversee the various aspects of the Sunday morning worship experience, including leading the worship (calls to worship, leading prayers/finding people to pray, transitioning between worship elements, leading the music, creating visuals & slides (working with the Lead Pastor).
- Integrate the congregation to become co-members in the worship experience, (worship is not a spectator sport).
- Be innovative and inventive in how you lead worship.
- Implement your spiritual gifts in a way that helps others find their spiritual gifts, and gets them engaged in worship.
- Share in the leading of weddings, funerals, and special worship nights as needed.
- Increase the spiritual depth of our congregation through facilitating the worship experience.
- Develop a pathway into our worship teams, growing leaders and helping others find their spiritual gifts for worship.
- Improve our Sunday morning worship experience so that it better fits the current culture and is a help not a hindrance to visitors, remembering continually that we exist for those that are not yet here, while also respecting traditional worship and helping those who are used to traditional worship styles.
- Undergraduate degree in biblical studies, or in the pursuit of said degree is helpful Avenue Road Baptist Church.
- 2 years experience as either a worship pastor, worship leader, or other church leadership position.
- Successful clearance of a Police Records Check for vulnerable sector.
- Shows maturity in matters of personal development and character.
- Creativity and thinking outside the box are key parts of this person’s abilities.
- A deep and continuing to grow relationship with Jesus.
- Strong communication skills, warm-hearted attitude, and compassionate spirit.
Please note: We are also hiring for a Youth & Family Pastor, which could be combined with this position. Applicants interested in that are encouraged to apply for both postings.
Please email a Resume & Cover Letter, and 2-3 References to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 8655 ]