Director, Church Engagement and Christian Partnerships
Director, Church Engagement and Christian Partnerships
Mississauga, Ontario , L5T 2Y4
This strategic, mission-centric leadership role is externally focused to inspire, build and enable mutually beneficial partnerships with Canadian churches, Christian faith leaders and pastors, and Canadian Christians to support World Vision’s mission to follow Jesus in working with people facing poverty and injustice to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God. This role is specifically focused on how we can pursue and support this mission through partnerships with churches and Christian faith communities to contribute to spiritual and social transformation.
As an ambassador for World Vision’s vision and mission, and as a thought leader, encourager and connector, the person in this role will educate, equip and mobilize churches, Christian institutions, para-church organizations, denominations, and faith leaders to work together to address the causes of poverty and injustice. Through speaking, writing, theological reflection, personal relationships, support for World Vision senior leaders and staff, and participation in networks and partnerships, s/he will shared and bring awareness and understanding of World Vision’s Christian, child-centred, and community-empowering humanitarian and development programming and support our strategic imperative to “live out our Christian faith and calling with boldness and humility.”
- Responsible for the development and execution of the church, denomination, para-church and Christian organization partnership and engagement strategy, including new offerings to support World Vision Canada's (WVC) mission, vision, values and global strategies; fundraising and resource development; public engagement; and overall brand goals.
- Accelerate existing solutions and help create new transformational discipleship experiences to galvanize Christians, churches and faith leaders to positively support vulnerable girls, boys and their families involved in World Vision’s international ministry, including in some of the world’s most fragile contexts.
- Lead WVC to develop new partnerships with para-church organizations, denominations and pastor networks with a goal of building mutually beneficial, long-term value exchanges that demonstrate how together through service to the poor we can contribute to the health of the local and global Church, to heal and strengthen people’s relationships with God and with one another.
- Develop and help grow the ministry impact and fundraising capacity of churches and other Christian organizations who have a desire to do good globally through partnering with WVC to directly benefit the children and families in communities we serve.
- impact, such as through offerings like Chosen and child sponsorship.
- Lead and collaborate with the Church Engagement Team on the creation and successful execution of an engagement plan with churches across Canada, ensuring successful program delivery and supporting team members and other staff in their roles.
- Based on the priorities of the President, support the Executive Office to access opportunities to speak across Canada to pastors and Christian faith leaders, church congregations and para-church organizational gatherings to help positively influence awareness and understanding of the mutual value exchange of partnering with World Vision to improve the lives of children globally.
- Act as ambassador and representative of WVC, able to communicate with depth of knowledge and theological understanding of our ministry.
- Provide subject matter expertise consulting to internal teams on how best to connect and integrate their related activities with the audiences listed above in ways that align with how to bet communicate our Christian faith and calling, add mutual value, build trust and strengthen relationships with pastors and Christian faith leaders.
- Represent WVC to global World Vision networks and affinity groups collaborating to support church engagement, including with World Vision International.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and execute an overarching engagement strategy and plan for church and faith organizations that aligns to the overall WVC marketing, event and fundraising strategies that touch church-going communities across Canada.
- Utilize a persuasive, relationship-based approach that will result in an increased number of engaged/highly engaged churches advocating and fund-raising for the needs of the children we serve and allowing more Canadians to engage in the mutual transformational experience of helping children living in dangerous places, grounded in our understanding of our Christian faith and calling.
- Set target metrics for the Church Engagement Team as they execute on a portfolio of standard and personalized strategic plans. Provide coaching, encouragement and training to ensure the team are always equipped to meet their Objectives & Key Results (OKRs) while reflecting the values of World Vision. Lead by example through networking and holding a personal portfolio of partnerships with Christian organizations.
- Ensure parachurch organizations, denominations across Canada and pastoral communities are aware of World Vision’s humanitarian and development programming and that we seek to reflect God’s unconditional love for children, and address root causes of child vulnerability, including spiritual causes.
- Work with all marketing and engagement teams to help integrate messaging and campaign activities as relevant into the overall Church Engagement plan (and vice versa into their plans).
- Provide subject matter expertise consulting, as needed, in the development of WVC creative assets and content to ensure relevancy, alignment with our approach to expressing our Christian faith and calling, and demonstrating value to Christian leaders and their stakeholders
- Provide strategic advice to the President/CEO, Senior Leadership Team and WVC Board of Directors as appropriate to support WVC’s profile as a leading Canadian Christian organization
- Passion for World Vision's mission, a commitment to our vision, mission and core values, and a deep theological understanding of God's heart for people facing poverty and injustice
- Experience in building partnering relationships and networking among senior leaders in churches and/or Christian organizations from a variety of traditions and denominations
- Understanding of and experience with international relief, development and/or advocacy activities to support poverty alleviation; international or field experience desired
- Experience in fundraising, sales or business development activity that yielded strong financial results
- Excellent oral and written communicator with strong experience in public speaking
- Deep appreciation and respect of the diversity of different Christian faith traditions and denominations and the proven ability to adapt personal approach accordingly
- Understanding and empathy towards the needs and issues of faith leaders and proven ability to respond and relate to those varying needs
- Minimum 10 years of progressive ministry leadership experience through a combination or church ministry, leadership experience such as pastor, church employee, para-church leader, or highly engaged Christian lay leader (i.e., Church Board)
- Minimum of 8 years leading and management teams with track record of strengthening staff capabilities
- Undergraduate or master’s degree in theology, education, communication or other related field or equivalent experience
To apply, please follow the link below:
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 8662 ]