Caledon , Ontario , L7C 2L4
Founded in 1941 as a non-denominational Christian ministry, The Scott Mission community is called to serve those who experience poverty; responding to spiritual, physical, social and emotional needs of the vulnerable of all ages.
The Scott Mission is a community that continually seeks to be:
- centered in and dependent on Jesus Christ
- gracious, generous and collaborative in our relationships
- servant hearted, innovative and professional in our work
- rooted in God’s rescuing work in history
Our Vision Prayer: Poverty in full retreat, flourishing for all, in Toronto and beyond. The Mission is currently undergoing a transformational, five-year strategic plan with the following objectives in place: Increasing capacity and enhancing basic needs services, deepening clients’ transformational impact, multiplying partnerships and offering spiritual leadership to Canadians.
Status: Seasonal Full Time
Starting Date: Mid June to End of August
Work Location: Caledon Camp
The Camp Nurse is responsible in providing oversight for health care needs for all campers and camp staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Campers: The nurse is responsible for having a reasonable knowledge of the condition of each camper at any given time. The nurse will administer routine and emergency nursing care to campers as needed
- Camper Assessment: The nurse is responsible for conducting on site examinations of each camper to certify general health, verification of information on medical forms
- Dispensing of Medication: Upon arrival of each camper and staff member, the nurse will take custody of any medication. She/he will then be responsible for the dispersing of any scheduled/prescribed medication in accordance with each camper/staff prescribed needs
- Infirmary: The nurse will be responsible for the professional and efficient operation, supervision, and organization of the Nurse Station. This station will serve as an infirmary for any camper or staff who require short-term nursing
- Service Responsibilities: The Nurse is responsible to keep the Camp Director informed of health, safety, and sanitation issues for the entire camp. The incumbent will also be required to advise of any concerns in relation to campers and staff, including suspicions of abuse, or other critical issues
- Communicate with parents/guardians regarding campers health issues
- Be on call 24 hours and be available and accessible for any medical needs and consultations
Required Experience & Education
- Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse license, or upper year Nursing Student
- Ability to work with children and supervise peers
- Good organizational and supervision skills
- Ability to give emergency and routine care with confidence
- Understands emotional, psychological, physiological and spiritual needs and issues related to children and youth
- Absolute confidentiality regarding campers, informing others on a need-to-know basis
- Personal and professional integrity in matters of relationship, programs and work ethic
A combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the responsibilities of this position may be considered in lieu of stated education and experience requirements.
Interested applicants are invited to apply online.
The Scott Mission welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Employment is conditional to results of Police Reference Check and satisfactory reference.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 8667 ]