Assistant Camp Director
Assistant Camp Director
Status: Full Time
Starting Date: ASAP
Work Location: Caledon Camp & 502 Spadina Ave
The Assistant Camp Director will be based in the Caledon Camp during summer months and 502 Spadina the rest of the year. The Assistant Camp Director will assist the Camp Director in giving overall leadership and direction to all camp related programs, staff, facilities and property.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in planning, defining, guiding, operating and oversee all aspects of the summer camp program including but not limited to H&S, food services, registration, maintenance, behaviour management, ministry programs
- Ensure all Ontario Camping Association standards are met and maintained; ensure Health & Safety, emergency procedures are explained, observed and practiced by all persons in camp
- Participate and facilitate in staff orientation, training and weekly meetings; assist the Camp Director with overseeing daily operations of Camp to ensure a safe and fun experience
- Frequent, hands-on participation in camp ministry programs to ensure staff and client’s needs are met
- Assist in the management and implementation of Camp’s year round youth programs during off seasons
- Provide Pastoral support, care and spiritual guidance to both staff and clients
- Develop marketing and devotional material for summer season; give oversight to camper follow-up efforts during the school year
- Conduct regular meetings with staff to ensure goals and objectives set out are met
- Provide verbal and written evaluations for staff; provide spiritual development opportunities and support for staff
- Oversee inventory, ordering and reordering of supplies and equipment; arrange for proper maintenance and distribution
- Maintain superior service quality standards by conducting on-going evaluations, investigating complaints, initiate correct actions
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned and directed
Required Experience & Education
- Post-secondary education with at least 4 years’ experience at children’s camp in a leadership capacity
- Strong theological background; ability to guide staff and campers on their spiritual journeys
- Excellent knowledge of Health & Safety procedures and regulations; ability to respond to crisis and hazardous situations with sound judgement in a timely fashion
- Ability to set objectives, delegate and prioritize workflow such that objectives are met
- Good conflict resolution skills; ability to provide leadership, spiritual counsel, supervision and motivation to a staff of 50 young adults
- Ability and desire to work in multiple locations, including a residential camp setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; poised to communicate with staff, children, parents, donors, volunteers, leadership team and others
- Physical and mental stamina to handle the demands on a residential camp environment including long work days, extended work weeks, extensive walking, intense heat and humidity
- Good with budgeting and financial stewardship
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification
- Child and youth behaviour management training is an asset
- G or G2 driver’s license
- Proficient in MS Office
A combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the responsibilities of this position may be considered in lieu of stated education and experience requirements.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
The Scott Mission welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Employment is conditional to results of Police Reference Check and satisfactory reference.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 8681 ]