Rejoice! Tyndale’s 12th annual Christmas in the Chapel returns on Saturday December 3 –both in-person and virtual. Tyndale is delighted to welcome The Worship Project Collective as our feature artist this year. Also joining the festivities will be the Tyndale Community Choir, Tyndale Singers and the TCC Band.
Pastor of Evangelism and Outreach
Pastor of Evangelism and Outreach
Ottawa, Ontario , K2E 0A1
The Pastor of Evangelism and Outreach provides overall direction and implementation of a Bible-driven, gospel centered evangelism ministry through The Met to the marketplace. He provides leadership and oversight of the development of personal and corporate evangelism in a culturally relevant and engaging manner. He provides oversight and direction the local outreach ministry initiatives. The Pastor demonstrates flexibility to lead other ministry areas as well.For further information and a full job description, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roles & Responsibilities
Teaching and Engaging People Through Evangelism:
Responsible for the teaching of God’s Word through evangelism and outreach: (80% of time)
- Devotes himself to prayer and ministry of the Word;
- Applies God’s Word to current events and to our post-Christian culture;
- Preaches and teaches regularly in evangelistic events, courses and classes;
- Provides regular teaching series on discipleship and evangelism to everyone, but with an awareness ofthose in the marketplace and in the public square;
- Mobilizes the congregation to be personal evangelists through planning, teaching, and assessing;
- Models an evangelistic fervor in his community and intentionally engages marketplace / public squareemployees in evangelistic conversations; and,
- Oversees Alpha and Christianity Explored offerings.
Supervises the Manager of Community Engagement and Outreach: (10% of time)
- Insuring that outreach and compassion initiatives are effective and aligned with the Met’s vision, whilethe Manager networks with other like-minded churches, and local organizations, to implementoutreach and compassion ministries; and,
- Encouraging the Manager as she interacts with Met ministry leaders to promote engagement inoutreach and compassion ministries.
Ministry Strategy and Planning:
Develops and maintains an overall strategy and plan for evangelism and outreach that fits the Met mission and values (biblically faithful, mission-minded, people-developing, relationally-strong and regionally involved): (10% of time)
- Reviews and understands The Met’s mission as it applies to evangelism and outreach;
- Plans integration of evangelism and outreach into The Met culture across all ages and stages;
- Evaluates existing evangelism and outreach programs in light of their evangelistic focus and establishescriteria for program assessment;
- Finds success in Evangelism and Outreach Ministry outside The Met and applies to The Met;
- Consults academic and ministry resources to integrate demonstrated strategies;
- Engages other ministry staff and volunteers in the planning process;
- Develops strategic plans, annual ministry plans and annual philosophy of ministry plans; reports regularon adherence to these tools; and,
- Communicates plans to Met ministry staff and encourages participation.
There are expected to be other related duties for the Evangelism and Outreach Pastor:
- Flexibility to lead / participate in other pastoral roles and responsibilities as needed from time to time;
- May be called upon to preach occasionally or to lead Sunday services;
- Is an active participant in the ministry staff discussions;
- Participates in ministry staff and all-staff meetings, and prayer meetings;
- Fulfills the professional development requirements;
- Participates in the performance review process, self-evaluation and annual review sessions;
- Develops personal goals with the Lead Pastor to enhance ministry performance; and,
- Completes reporting requirements in a thorough and timely manner.
Experience & Education
The incumbent should have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in evangelism and outreach pastoral ministry and a seminary degree.
The position is a full-time salaried position it is expected that the incumbent will often be called upon for additional requirements. The work requires some evenings as well as Sundays on a regular basis. Please advise us of any accessibility-related accommodation in your cover letter (or email).
The Metropolitan Bible Church ("The Met", www.metbiblechurch.ca) has been a lighthouse for the gospel in Canada’s capital region since 1931. Our mission is to glorify God by making disciples of Jesus Christ, together engaging people with the gospel, establishing believers in the gospel and equipping servants of the gospel, in our nation’s capital and the nations of the world. The Met was established 90 years ago in the midst of the Great Depression by a group of godly visionaries. The first service was held on the second floor of a building in the heart of Ottawa where a missionary delivered the first message. In a very short period the Metropolitan Tabernacle was built in downtown Ottawa. Since its inception the commitment to being a regionally focused, Bible teaching church has never wavered. The church has a strong history of expository Bible teaching. When The Met outgrew its building on Bank Street, it moved in 2010 to beautiful facility at one of the region’s busiest intersections. The Met continues to have a significant gospel impact in the region, across Canada, and globally.
The Met is located in Canada’s capital city of Ottawa, within 80km of the US border and home to over 1,000,000 in the Metro area. Ottawa has the most educated population among Canadian cities and is home to a number of post-secondary, research, and cultural institutions. There are definitely 4 seasons in Ottawa, with summer highs around 26C (80F), and winter lows of -14C (6F). There are many parks in the region for hiking, walking and cycling. Ottawa’s median age is 40, which is lower than both the provincial and national averages. Ottawa has the 6th highest total household income in Canada. As the nation’s capital, Ottawa hosts several seasonal cultural events and is home to professional sports teams.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 8697 ]