Pastor of Evangelism and Outreach
Pastor of Evangelism and Outreach
Ottawa, Ontario , K2E 0A1
The Pastor of Evangelism and Outreach provides overall direction and implementation of a Bible-driven, gospel centered evangelism ministry through The Met to the marketplace. He provides leadership and oversight of the development of personal and corporate evangelism in a culturally relevant and engaging manner. He provides oversight and direction the local outreach ministry initiatives. The Pastor demonstrates flexibility to lead other ministry areas as well.For further information and a full job description, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roles & Responsibilities
Teaching and Engaging People Through Evangelism:
Responsible for the teaching of God’s Word through evangelism and outreach: (80% of time)
- Devotes himself to prayer and ministry of the Word;
- Applies God’s Word to current events and to our post-Christian culture;
- Preaches and teaches regularly in evangelistic events, courses and classes;
- Provides regular teaching series on discipleship and evangelism to everyone, but with an awareness ofthose in the marketplace and in the public square;
- Mobilizes the congregation to be personal evangelists through planning, teaching, and assessing;
- Models an evangelistic fervor in his community and intentionally engages marketplace / public squareemployees in evangelistic conversations; and,
- Oversees Alpha and Christianity Explored offerings.
Supervises the Manager of Community Engagement and Outreach: (10% of time)
- Insuring that outreach and compassion initiatives are effective and aligned with the Met’s vision, whilethe Manager networks with other like-minded churches, and local organizations, to implementoutreach and compassion ministries; and,
- Encouraging the Manager as she interacts with Met ministry leaders to promote engagement inoutreach and compassion ministries.
Ministry Strategy and Planning:
Develops and maintains an overall strategy and plan for evangelism and outreach that fits the Met mission and values (biblically faithful, mission-minded, people-developing, relationally-strong and regionally involved): (10% of time)
- Reviews and understands The Met’s mission as it applies to evangelism and outreach;
- Plans integration of evangelism and outreach into The Met culture across all ages and stages;
- Evaluates existing evangelism and outreach programs in light of their evangelistic focus and establishescriteria for program assessment;
- Finds success in Evangelism and Outreach Ministry outside The Met and applies to The Met;
- Consults academic and ministry resources to integrate demonstrated strategies;
- Engages other ministry staff and volunteers in the planning process;
- Develops strategic plans, annual ministry plans and annual philosophy of ministry plans; reports regularon adherence to these tools; and,
- Communicates plans to Met ministry staff and encourages participation.
There are expected to be other related duties for the Evangelism and Outreach Pastor:
- Flexibility to lead / participate in other pastoral roles and responsibilities as needed from time to time;
- May be called upon to preach occasionally or to lead Sunday services;
- Is an active participant in the ministry staff discussions;
- Participates in ministry staff and all-staff meetings, and prayer meetings;
- Fulfills the professional development requirements;
- Participates in the performance review process, self-evaluation and annual review sessions;
- Develops personal goals with the Lead Pastor to enhance ministry performance; and,
- Completes reporting requirements in a thorough and timely manner.
Experience & Education
The incumbent should have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in evangelism and outreach pastoral ministry and a seminary degree.
The position is a full-time salaried position it is expected that the incumbent will often be called upon for additional requirements. The work requires some evenings as well as Sundays on a regular basis. Please advise us of any accessibility-related accommodation in your cover letter (or email).
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 8697 ]