Cambridge, Ontario , N1R2P3
We are currently looking for a Lead Pastor who will help to guide us in becoming a church that passionately reaches out to the community with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The appropriate candidate must possess a commitment to the ongoing development and training of disciples and leaders, with responsibility for cooperatively preparing weekly services, preaching, teaching, conducting weddings, funerals, baptisms and as well as representing our church at denominational and regional ministerial meetings.
We are looking for a pastor who is committed to teaching Scripture, working with teams; and discipling and developing leaders.
We are looking for a qualified individual who will be able to manage the administrative aspects of church life as well in providing overall direction and supervision. The Lead Pastor must participate in scheduled meetings with the Church Board, Elders as well as other committee teams within our church. Also we are looking for a pastor who is a Canadian resident, and raised in the Canadian culture and ethos.
Overview & Church Community
We are a multicultural, multigenerational church family from diverse backgrounds, with folks from Canadian, Portuguese, and Brazilian backgrounds etc. We are a conservative evangelical church that holds to the firm orthodoxy of the Scriptures. Our main purpose is to serve and glorify the Lord. The city of Cambridge has a population of about 130,000 with a large percentage of a blue-collar community, and one third of the population is Portuguese.
Qualifications & Education Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Theology degree or equivalent from an Association of Theological Schools (ATS) accredited college or seminary.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in pastoral ministry.
- Experienced in evangelizing, equipping & discipling.
- Gifted and experienced in the areas of leadership, communications, and interpersonal engagement – a people person.
- Experienced leading in a multicultural congregational church setting.
- Experienced and passionate in working with a younger generation.
- Proficient in the use of computer skills and in media.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Presently ordained or seeking ordination and accredited with a conservative evangelical denomination.
- Must be exemplary of the spiritual qualifications as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:2-7.
- Preferably someone who is young at heart, a motivator and who has energy.
Role & Responsibilities
- Be the primary preacher and teacher in Sunday Services and mid-week services.
- Oversees and leads the preaching and teaching ministries of the church.
- Ensures solid biblical preaching and teaching.
- A visionary leader who leads the church to achieve its goals in a strategic manner.
- Effectively communicates the Christian faith and lifestyle to people of diverse backgrounds and ages.
- Trains disciples and equips them to be leaders for effective ministry.
- Leads in responding to specific pastoral situations including conflict resolution, and disciplinary processes.
- Provides a supportive environment for significant relationships and partnerships with the surrounding community.
- Passionately loves Jesus Christ above all else, Spirit-led, passionately loves the Body of Christ—the Church, able to stand firm for the truth, and has great compassion for the lost.
- Knows how to listen to God’s voice and is obedient to God’s leading and guidance through Scripture and prayer.
- Studies God’s Word for personal transformation first, before teaching and preaching to others.
- People-oriented, humble with big heart, caring and a good listener.
For further information please send to Pastoral Search Committee, email address:
For our consideration, please submit the following:
- A current resume - addressing core qualifications and work experience.
- Three references - provide the name, phone number and email address for each of your references.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 8710 ]