Markham, Ontario , L3P 3J3
Markham Missionary Church is part of the Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada (EMCC).
The purpose of this position is to manage Markham Evangelical Missionary Church’s office, including internal and external communications, and use of its facilities, both by congregants and by outside groups.
Hours: Tuesday - Friday, 9AM - 2PM
Markham EMC has an opportunity for a part-time church office administrator to coordinate our operations and communications. This person will prioritize administration of church activities, internal and external communications, office management, and oversight of facility usage. We are seeking a person of vibrant faith and excellent interpersonal skills who, in addition to managing the operations of the church, can work well with a diverse group of people and help create a welcoming atmosphere in our church home. To be considered for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, explaining why you feel called to this role. Position qualifications and requirements below. We thank you sincerely for your interest.
Supervisor: Lead Pastor
Under the general supervision of the Lead Pastor and within established policies, procedures and guidelines, the Office Administrator (OA) is responsible for the administration and efficient operation of MMC's office, which includes a variety of confidential and time sensitive material.
The MMC OA position is part of a Christian Ministry serving in the spirit of Christian love and within the vision and direction of the church leadership, as well as the Statement of Faith. With this ministry focus, the OA supports and works closely with the pastors and other church leaders to support them in their respective roles.
Knowledge of general office procedures with proven experience; strong organizational and administrative skills; proficiency in computer operations and relevant database/software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.; excellent interpersonal skills; exceptional oral and written communication skills; ability to deal with people and situations with tact and diplomacy; analytical skills; ability to work independently or in a team setting; conflict resolution skills; ability to maintain strict confidentiality; flexibility to meet the changing needs of the church and related clients.
Strong Christian Testimony with a servant attitude; professional demeanour and strong work ethic; accessible and responsive; high level of integrity, humility, and graciousness; willingness to learn new skills.
- Maintains electronic and hard copies of Minutes of the Administration Board (Board of Deacons), Congregational Meetings, and North Markham Nursery School; coordinates with the Deacon Board Secretary and Committee Secretaries to ensure records are current and available in the office for the public; maintains such records for a specified period of time according to the established retention schedule.
- Ensures all applicable records and files remain secure and confidential; restricts access to only those who are required to view applicable information in order to carry out their duties or in accordance with legal requirements; seeks approval of the supervisor, Ministry Chair, and/or Chair, Board of Deacons when required.
- Ensures church membership records are up-to-date and available; coordinates follow-up as required.
- Maintains records of significant church family events (i.e. baptisms, dedications, funerals, weddings).
- Performs a variety of Reception duties (e.g., answers telephone/door, filing, etc.)
- Attends and participates in weekly staff meetings.
- Performs administrative duties related to incoming/outgoing church communications (e.g., mail, e-mail, voicemail, etc.)
- Follows up, tracks and files attendance logs, visitor cards, police checks, etc. in a database.
- Assists the Bookkeeper in the production, review, and distribution/mailing of all tax receipts.
- Assists Treasurer with PAR program (i.e., additions, deletions and changes to forms, mailing/filing, etc.)
- Maintains office supplies and ensures office equipment is operational; obtains additional supplies within delegated authority or obtains any required approvals.
- Gathers appropriate information and prepares annual church directory; prepares mailbox labels and other materials as required related to members and adherents.
- Orders and assigns MMC's numbered offering envelopes.
- Schedules, coordinates and communicates logistics for church events and activities with church staff, ministry leaders, and volunteers; seeks appropriate input and approvals where required.
- Ensures church events are publicized. This may include signage, the MMC website and other social media (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.).
- Schedules appointments and keeps office calendars up to date.
- Assists in the preparation and distribution of materials for the Annual General Meeting and Annual Budget Meeting (e.g. Annual Report, Budget Report, etc.), including coordinating with the Treasurer, Finance Committee, Bookkeeper, External Auditor, and Ministry Leaders; prepares Nomination Slate and Ballots.
- Collates and publishes annual budget for all office budget lines; reviews with supervisor and submits for approval.
- Prepares and distributes material for the weekly Sunday Service including: order of service, church bulletin and inserts, updates, song sheets, etc.; prepares PowerPoint presentations including slides containing titles, weekly announcements, lyrics for congregational worship, and other text slides required for the service; prints/scans and sends music as requested; involves others as required; ensures church foyer is maintained and organized.
- Assists/prepares funeral bulletins, song sheet inserts, and/or PowerPoint slides for funerals of church members and adherents; prepares donation forms and notifies family of donations received.
- Prepares other church documents as required (e.g., Membership forms, Membership and Baby Dedication Certificates, Advent readings, Easter Prayer Walk, etc.).
- Administers the CCLI account, including licenses and reporting requirements; ensures copyright laws are followed with respect to all documentation, presentations and social media, and keeps a record of all downloaded images; ensures Memberships, Subscriptions, and Licenses are current and posted.
- Maintains Policies and Procedures Manuals; files updates as required.
- Prepares donation forms for MMC ministries, and notifies family of donations.
- Updates electronic Library Inventory as required.
- Under the guidelines of the church usage policy, coordinates facility rentals as follows:
- Responds to all rental requests;
- Liaises between committees and individuals (e.g., Administrative Board, custodian, technicians, host/hostess, etc.);
- Negotiates and prepares rental agreements within delegated authority;
- Handles payment of rental fees, including deposit returns in coordination with the bookkeeper;
- Meets and communicates with rental parties;
- Signs applicable documentation and agreements within delegated authority; involves supervisor or others for matters outside of policy or delegated authority.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 8767 ]