Richmond Hill, Ontario , L4S 1L8
North Toronto Chinese Alliance Church (NTCAC) Youth Ministry serves junior and high school youths from Grade 7 to 12. The predominant language is English although their parents may be native English, Cantonese or Mandarin speakers.
The ministry consists of approximately 40 regular attending youth.
The Youth Pastor is the ministry owner and overseer of the youth ministry. The Youth Pastor is a key member of the ministry team accountable for developing a vibrant youth ministry through discipling and teaching youth the Biblical truths so they can become followers of Christ.
Elements of the Youth Ministry
Biblical knowledge and discipleship are best bestowed through personal relationships and structured programs.
The youth ministry currently has the following key elements:
- Weekly Fellowship Program on Saturday
- Weekly Sunday School on Sunday
- Bi-annual Winter Retreat in between Christmas and New Year.
- Other ad hoc programs
In addition to serving the youth, the Youth Pastor is expected to develop relationships with other stakeholders including the parents, ministry workers (Counselors and Sunday School Teachers), Youth Ministry Committee (YMC), other Pastoral Staffs and the Elders Board.
Responsibilities of the Youth Pastor
- Plan weekly programs with the youths and Counselors.
- Programs are means to deliver Biblical messages and teaching points.
- Oversee planning and execution
- Collaboration with the youths and counselors are great opportunities for mentoring
- Co-teach a grade with another Sunday School teacher
- Provide on-going support and curriculum (resources included) to Sunday School teachers
- Refine and improve on Sunday school resources including curriculum and syllabus
- In collaboration with the YMC (youth ministry committee), develop long term vision and strategic plan to further the growth of the ministry.
- Develop personal relationship with the all the youths through visitation (including lunches and dinner) and mid-week chats/calls
- Follow-up with youths who have been absent for an extended period (suggestion: 3 consecutive weeks)
- Assist newcomers to integrate into the ministry
Supervision and Line of Accountability
The youth ministry is part of the English ministry and the youth pastor will report to the senior pastor or a delegate of the senior pastor (ie: Lead English pastor). In the absence of a Lead English Pastor, the youth pastor will directly report to the Elder Board. The Elder Board will appoint an Elder to work directly with the youth pastor in this situation.
- Strong cultural connection and presence with the youths.
- Able to develop relationships with the parents of the youth
- Able to lead the youth ministry committee and other stakeholders such as other youth counselors, and Sunday school teachers etc.
- Language fluency in Cantonese and Mandarin (not required but preferred)
- Willingness to be a part of the Richmond Hill community and relocate to live within a reasonable distance if needed.
- Previous experience in youth ministry
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 8771 ]