Kelowna, British Columbia , V1X 1Y2
Job Status: Full-Time 40 hours
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Willow Park Church (WPC) is a multi-location, multi-generational, Christian church in beautiful Kelowna, British Columbia.
As the Kids' Pastor (Babies – Gr 6) at one of our locations in Kelowna, you'll get to communicate the gospel by overseeing the ministry that leads and cares for our children and parents well. The role includes training volunteers to engage children in weekly worship/teaching experiences and empowering parents to lead and grow their child's faith at home.
- Participate in the location's overall leadership, ensuring all Kids' experiences are implemented with excellence and integrity.
- Be a highly engaged and visible leader, executing the church's vision and Kids' ministry.
- Communicate with and care for our new kids and families, being creative in the use of social media, online technology and in-person connections.
- Oversee all Kids' volunteer teams/areas, including parents' first impressions, ongoing connections, pastoral care and dedications.
- Champion community among the families through special events, activities and programming.
- Encourage you to use your other areas of gifting (worship, speaking, leading etc.)
- Provide excellent opportunities for you to grow through mentorship and ministry development.
- Pay you a competitive salary with extended benefits, pension, cell phone allowance and professional/ministry development bursaries.
- Encourage you to live a balanced ministry life – we value family and rest
- Give you plenty of vacation time
- A Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of leadership experience or the equivalent life/ministry experience
- Experience working or high-level volunteering for a church, non-profit, or education setting.
- A passion for children and families with a sincere love for Jesus
- An energetic and relational outlook with high-level networking/relational strengths.
- A self-motivated and take-the-initiative attitude with strong administrative, communication and organizational skills.
- A strong understanding of how social media and technology can be effectively used in ministry.
- Worship team experience would be an asset to encourage kids' and families' worship involvement.
- cover letter
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 8789 ]